Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any suggestions as to where to go for lunch in the city centre? Tired of the Brasserie, and I've been going to No. 9 way too often they'll think I'm stalking one of the staff.

Needs to be relatively quick, and decent food along the lines of the 2 mentioned above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Café Lucia, across from the Gingerman?
    I haven't been there in ages, but the last time I was, it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Anyone any suggestions as to where to go for lunch in the city centre? Tired of the Brasserie, and I've been going to No. 9 way too often they'll think I'm stalking one of the staff.

Needs to be relatively quick, and decent food along the lines of the 2 mentioned above.

Wow, dont know how you can equate relatively quick and decent food with No.9, I thought the place was a joke- waiting ages for a table, NO sandwich options at lunch??? and a menu thats far too fancy for its own good.

Anyway, if you fancy a change, what about O Briens, the Tea Assembly, Cafe Lucia, that small shop opposite Alfie Hales that do really well for lunch or even The Munster. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

So where did you go in the end OP?
    Was it nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Berfranks on the Quay/Conduit lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Few lookers in No. 9 TBF :)

Thier pulled pork sandwich is magic too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Where is No. 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Where is No. 9?

New Name/Menu for Brunch in georges court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Greens might be worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jonnycwh

Geoffs is great

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

ziedth wrote: »
    Few lookers in No. 9 TBF :)

Thier pulled pork sandwich is magic too

Is that available everyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

If it's not too far out of your way, the café in Waterford Crystal, the one in the Theatre Royal and the one in the Granary are all excellent IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

espresso 10€ deal is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Always enjoy Espresso too, quality food

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Harlequin Cafe on Stephen street

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

Aoifes on the Mall. The food is excellent and they are so nice in there. And they're relatively new as well. Love that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

TheVandal wrote: »
    Aoifes on the Mall. The food is excellent and they are so nice in there. And they're relatively new as well. Love that place.

+1, they are so nice in there, its a pleasure to go in there.lil bit slow maybe if being critical

Max Powers wrote: »
    +1, they are so nice in there, its a pleasure to go in there.lil bit slow maybe if being critical

I never found them too slow compared to some other places- but then again, I prefer places that aren't really rushy. The food in there is really good- she keeps putting pictures on the facebook page. Makes me hungry every damn day looking at it.
    https://www.facebook.com/aoifescafe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

1967 wrote: »
    Harlequin Cafe on Stephen street

Yes... a cracking place! Italian food like what the Italians eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wow, dont know how you can equate relatively quick and decent food with No.9, I thought the place was a joke- waiting ages for a table, NO sandwich options at lunch??? and a menu thats far too fancy for its own good.

Anyway, if you fancy a change, what about O Briens, the Tea Assembly, Cafe Lucia, that small shop opposite Alfie Hales that do really well for lunch or even The Munster. Good luck!

I've never had anything but excellent experiences in No.9. Never waiting too long, always a table free, excellent service (but that could be because i'm quite a regular at the moment!). I'll admit it's a bit pricey, but from what i've ate there so far (that really being the Pulled Pork and Gourmet Burger) it's been fantastic.

I probably didn't explain properly, I do be awake from 6am, so lunch is technically dinner for me, so, linner, or dunch... And i don't do sandwiches, i don't believe in paying €5 for a sandwich.

The Munster didn't do it for me, some times it's great, sometimes the food is lacking. Haven't tried Alfie Hales yet, next time.
    So where did you go in the end OP?
    Was it nice?

Ended up going to No. 9... It's that good imo.
    jonnycwh wrote: »
    Geoffs is great

Keep forgetting about this, only ate there once and it was the stir fry, which was fantastic.

Haven't tried that yet, do they do proper food or just sandwiches/soup/etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I've never had anything but excellent experiences in No.9. Never waiting too long, always a table free, excellent service (but that could be because i'm quite a regular at the moment!). I'll admit it's a bit pricey, but from what i've ate there so far (that really being the Pulled Pork and Gourmet Burger) it's been fantastic.

Ok fair enough if you are looking for a dinner-type option then No 9 would suit you but I found for lunch choices, it was too expensive and fancy. Not providing sandwiches was completely bizarre to me considering how common this is for lunch. O Briens next door was a much better deal- toasted sandwich and a coffee for just 5euros :D

• Advertisement

I probably didn't explain properly, I do be awake from 6am, so lunch is technically dinner for me, so, linner, or dunch... And i don't do sandwiches, i don't believe in paying €5 for a sandwich.

The Munster didn't do it for me, some times it's great, sometimes the food is lacking. Haven't tried Alfie Hales yet, next time.

Ended up going to No. 9... It's that good imo.

Keep forgetting about this, only ate there once and it was the stir fry, which was fantastic.

Haven't tried that yet, do they do proper food or just sandwiches/soup/etc?

Proper food. They had a seafood chowder as their special on Friday. They have something for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Proper food. They had a seafood chowder as their special on Friday. They have something for everyone.

That's the next port of call so! Cheers!

Advertisement