Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alterations/seamstress in laois area

Options
  • 08-10-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im wondering if anyone can recommend a good tailor or alterations company in the portlaoise/mountrath area. I have 2 designer dresses I want altered and am a bit wary about them being ruined from someone doing a bad alteration job on them. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

hiya, might be out of your way but i got a dress altered before in Bogarts tailors in portarlington. they did a great job and were very reasonable. they're behind the centra on main st.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

Try Henry Hung on church st in Portlaoise, just opposite the Dunamaise Theatre. If you go under the archway beside Heidi Higgins he's in a little courtyard there. I always buy good clothes and wouldn't go anywhere else. He opens Tuesday to Saturday and closes between 1 and 2.i've used him for years and he's excellent.
    sevg wrote: »
    Im wondering if anyone can recommend a good tailor or alterations company in the portlaoise/mountrath area. I have 2 designer dresses I want altered and am a bit wary about them being ruined from someone doing a bad alteration job on them. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭PatsyR

There is a woman that alters clothes near super valu in portarlington. She's in behind a block of apartments that are 2 seconds from super valu. I think her name is Evita but she's very good, very professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Oleandra

sevg wrote: »

Evita in Mountrath .Great service . My Mam gets loads of stuff done there. Very good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Don't bump old threads please

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement