Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade advice please

• 08-10-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭

1-4 in a Fleaflicker flex keeper league so really need a shake up of my roster. I've been offered Torrey Smith and David Wilson for Demaryius Thomas.

My current (****e) roster is -

QB Newton CAR

RB Charles KC
    RB Sproles NO
    RB McFadden OAK
    RB Jennings OAK
    RB Mendenhall ARI

WR Thomas DEN
    WR Edelman NE
    WR Shorts JAX
    WR Hopkins HOU
    WR Givens STL

TE Cameron CLE
    TE Finley GB

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Just an update (because you all seem so interested :-))

Been also offered Larry Fitz for McFadden.

If I pull the trigger on both deals I think I'll be in a little better shape?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd do the mcFadden deal but not the other deal, might be ok if they could throw in a more usable back than Wilson. Not sure what he has put up this season so far, not much I don't think, while Thomas has been one of the leagues top receivers.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd do the mcFadden deal but not the other deal, might be ok if they could throw in a more usable back than Wilson. Not sure what he has put up this season so far, not much I don't think, while Thomas has been one of the leagues top receivers.

The other RBs on his roster are MJD, Le'Veon Bell and McGahee.

He won't let Bell go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Wilson out this week. He hasn't shown anything so far this season.
    I'd do the McFadden for Larry trade.

Ok so I pulled the trigger on the Fitz trade and it's probably been a wash for both sides.

The same owner who offered me Smith and Wilson for Thomas has come back to me with a similar trade proposal -

Smith and Le'Veon Bell for Thomas and an 8th round pick in next years draft.

What do you say oh wise sages of the fantasy forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

I've never traded for draft picks before, so I'm not entirely sure what the value is, but I do really like Bell, so I'd be tempted to go for that one. It would give you two solid RBs, and you can play the matchups for your WRs.

In another league of mine (standard scoring) I offered someone Josh Gordon and Chris Ivory for Stevan Ridley and Jordan Reed. I'm hurting at TE, because I lost Finley last week, and he's really hurting at WR after losing both Cobb and Wayne. The other guy rejected it, looking for a cheaper deal I think. Do you guys think that's a fair enough trade? I personally thought it was even weighted a bit against me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I think the other guy was right to reject it. It wasn't a great offer at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

What do you think would be fairer?

My roster: Romo, Rivers, Morris, CJ2K, MJD, Jacobs, Megatron, A Johnson, Gordon, Colston, Nicks, Bennett, Hartley, Chiefs.

His roster: R Wilson, RG3, Charles, Ridley, Bell, L Miller, S Johnson, Douglas, Hilton, Jeffery, Thompkins, Reed, H Miller, Hauschka, Seahawks.

I think Gordon's borderline WR1, so I figured it was helping both parties.

Advertisement