Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavlova

Options
  • 08-10-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

When making a pavlova do boardies put the cream around the edges/sides as well as the top or just the top only. I usually do the top & sides but a friend drew it to my attention recently that she never does the sides. I suppose its a matter of choice but which way looks better as I need to make one for a friend soon. Thanks a mill!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I usually make the centre of my pavlova lower so I have a raised 'wall' around the edge. I just put the cream into the centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

I've never seen cream around the sides on a pavlova. I don't think it's the done thing.

No reason for you to change though, is it? Sure whatever you're having yourself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I've never seen cream around the outside, why ruin the look, the crispiness and contrast with the centre!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Madiller29

cream in the centre is most popular but with food there is no rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I make my Pavlova in a nest shape by building up the sides higher than the centre, then fill the centre with cream and fruit - easy peasy. I never saw a Pavlova with cream down the sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My pavlova has a dent in the center for the cream and fruit too. Never seen one with cream on the sides. It would lose the crispness I'd guess?

But, I do like cream!

Advertisement