Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ogham As Gaeilge

Options
  • 08-10-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across good variations on Ogham script? I'd be grateful if you could post images.

I am into very simple modern styling & have always wanted an Ogham script, but I have to find the balance between simple and underdeveloped...

My only current tattoo is a circle on my ankle done with bamboo, it is 1mm thick x 15mm diameter - the measurements are quite significant to me, as is the simplicity of the tattoo.

Here's the initial version of the script:

275037.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I unfortunately can't post any pics in work, but as ogham was originally carved into stone, I would personally go for a carved stone type of look myself.

Try google search, there are loads of examples. (Not trying to be a smartarse ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

stefan--967.jpg

Done by Stefan in Wildcat Ink Jervis street. Not sure if he's still there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks for the feedback, I'm looking to take this in a new direction. Still the ogham script, but with some added elements. I'll post pics if I can make it work...

Advertisement