Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband in D.15

Options
  • 08-10-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭

Currently I am with Eircom and having constant issues around the network going down, buffering :eek: when I try to watch Netflix etc. I've heard good and bad about every provider but looking for feedback from users in the area. I'm in the Mulhuddart area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

UPC... Seriously, it's your best bet in Mulhuddart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Im with UPC, 50mb bundle and I get great speeds all the time

3020168829.png

UPC are also doing great offers for Boards.ie members

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Cable broadband....which basically means UPC as they have no competition in the cable broadband market.

ADSL cannot compete with cable....not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It just is UPC, I can run netflix on the telly and a PC and a couple of handheld devices at the same time without a murmur of delay. Their admin backup can be shambolic (although improved lately) but that Fibre 100 is the dogs'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm in Mulhuddart and I have the 50mb with UPC and can stream on two devices at the same time and the quality does be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Got UPC installed last week. They were very quick, I ordered on the Tuesday about 4ish in the afternoon. By 6 I had a text from DPD saying they would have a delivery tomorrow. The next morning (Wednesday) a bloke came outm to have a look at our connections. If all was well I would have been connected whenever I set it up myself later that day. All wasn't well though and an installer came out on the Friday to set it up.

This was taken a couple of minutes after he left

3012392408.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Thank you so much, you've made up my mind for me, UPC it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Agreed with UPC too - I consume Netflix nonstop (love it!) and never have any performance problems. i'm not even on the 50mb plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

ongarboy wrote: »
    Agreed with UPC too - I consume Netflix nonstop (love it!) and never have any performance problems. i'm not even on the 50mb plan.

I thought that (50MB) was a minimum with UPC now. Even if you initially were contracted to 20/30MB, you were automatically upgraded as they improved the options available. Run a speed test out of curiosity.

My mum is on a 15MB plan with them, she gets a considerable discount for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Can anyone get efibre from eircom ?

They say its live , which means 40% is actually live , but i cant get it in Corduff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

dodzy wrote: »
    I thought that (50MB) was a minimum with UPC now. Even if you initially were contracted to 20/30MB, you were automatically upgraded as they improved the options available. Run a speed test out of curiosity.

Just tested it there and it measured 17.5MB. I think the automatic 50MB upgrade is part of a higher monthly bill package. I'm only paying about 30 euro for a standalone BB package as I get my TV from Sky. If it can stream a 2 hour film from Netflix in 5 seconds (as it does), that's good enough for me!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

January wrote: »
    My mum is on a 15MB plan with them, she gets a considerable discount for it though.
    ongarboy wrote: »
    Just tested it there and it measured 17.5MB. I think the automatic 50MB upgrade is part of a higher monthly bill package. I'm only paying about 30 euro for a standalone BB package as I get my TV from Sky. If it can stream a 2 hour film from Netflix in 5 seconds (as it does), that's good enough for me!:)

Thanks for the info guys, yeah, must be just when attached to the full entertainments pack that the min is 50MB so. I remember having 15MB many moons ago and it was always rock solid.

dodzy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys, yeah, must be just when attached to the full entertainments pack that the min is 50MB so. I remember having 15MB many moons ago and it was always rock solid.

My mum has basic digital and home phone in a bundle with the broadband.

Advertisement