Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goat meat Kildare/Dubiln

Options
  • 08-10-2013 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of somewhere that I can get some goat meet in Kildare or Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

FXB Moore St. Dublin had it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Anyone know of somewhere that I can get some goat meet in Kildare or Dublin?

Dont know any butcher in particular but I do know that you're more likely to find goat meat in Asian/Med stores than normal places.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Can I please just ask what this would be used with?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Goat curry is a very popular dish in Carribean communities, for example.

Closer to home, it can be cooked & served as you would lamb - so roasted, stewed, etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Not sure if they deliver down south yet but the goat meat from here is fantastic.

http://www.broughgammon.co.uk/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

AS long as it is not YOUR meat that you are offering!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You wish. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Goat curry is a very popular dish in Carribean communities, for example.

Closer to home, it can be cooked & served as you would lamb - so roasted, stewed, etc.

Thanks! I re-read that post and was afraid you may thought I was being sarcastic :o

I'm always looking out for new meats to try, never would have even thought of goat!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

I got a goat leg from FXB before. Made a lovely curry with it (took extra care to make it as tasty as possible) and served it up to my long suffering missus as lamb curry.
    She loved it ... then I told her it was goat. Let's just say she was less than impressed with me.

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I shoot a few goats every year, its not to everyones taste but i live it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

aaakev wrote: »
    I shoot a few goats every year, its not to everyones taste but i live it!

My in-laws kill their own goats and sheep when I'm over and the goat is fantastic.

Advertisement