Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! No broadband

Options
  • 08-10-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

You sent out an engineer to our address two weeks ago as there was no connection. He advised us to disconnect a faulty phone and it would work ( this is the same phone line that Eircom fixed 8 weeks ago) . Service did improve but areas of the building where we'd normally have 5bars we were down to 2 bars. Devices are now again showing two bars. When I try to connect any device I'm getting a message of limited connectivity, however there is no connection available.  My laptop advised there was an issue with the DSL.

Everytime I call the helpline I'm on hold and never getting through - tried chat support last night, Kevin joined chat but never offered a response. I've just tried submitting a fault online and when I click submit I'm getting the page not found error. I need this resolved asap, its ongoing for weeks now and I've just got a large mobile phone bill as I've bee using my iphone as a hotspot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

You sent out an engineer to our address two weeks ago as there was no connection. He advised us to disconnect a faulty phone and it would work ( this is the same phone line that Eircom fixed 8 weeks ago) . Service did improve but areas of the building where we'd normally have 5bars we were down to 2 bars. Devices are now again showing two bars. When I try to connect any device I'm getting a message of limited connectivity, however there is no connection available.  My laptop advised there was an issue with the DSL.

Everytime I call the helpline I'm on hold and never getting through - tried chat support last night, Kevin joined chat but never offered a response. I've just tried submitting a fault online and when I click submit I'm getting the page not found error. I need this resolved asap, its ongoing for weeks now and I've just got a large mobile phone bill as I've bee using my iphone as a hotspot
    Hi travellingbid

Please PM me your landline number and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Sent info earlier today ..Really need this sorted as its impacting my business. Tried calling support line twice this evening ... No luck getting through.

Finally got a response at 8am this morning - a new modem on its way to me. I really hope this is what solves the problem.

Finally got a response at 8am this morning - a new modem on its way to me. I really hope this is what solves the problem.
    Hi travellingbid

I'm glad you have got some news on this.

If the new modem does not resolve the issue please contact technical support on 1890260260 or keep us posted here.

Thanks

Al

Hi travellingbid

If the new modem does not resolve the issue please contact technical support on 1890260260 or keep us posted here.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan
    Just an FYI - when I first got through this morning on this number, I was told I had called the residential as opposed to the business technical support and I'd have to try a different number. When I insisted this was the business number on the Eircom website I was transfered. The first person I was transfered to told me he'd transfer to me the complaints department - he did but I got a recorded message saying that phone line wasn't open.
    It was only after a second call that I finally got through to the correct person and he was more than helpful

I think some of the representatives at your call centre require training around this.

• Advertisement

Hi travellingbid

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan
    Just an FYI - when I first got through this morning on this number, I was told I had called the residential as opposed to the business technical support and I'd have to try a different number. When I insisted this was the business number on the Eircom website I was transfered. The first person I was transfered to told me he'd transfer to me the complaints department - he did but I got a recorded message saying that phone line wasn't open.
    It was only after a second call that I finally got through to the correct person and he was more than helpful

I think some of the representatives at your call centre require training around this.
    Hi travellingbid

I'm sorry to hear of this. I'll certainly pass this feedback on to technical support managers.

Thanks

Al

Alan, broadband worked fine fri evening until last night. Back to no dsl light again. On hold for broadband business support for last 20 minutes. I need a resolution on this. This is my 15th call or attempt to call Eircom in the past few weeks and Its still not resolved. Very unhappy business customer

And I've just got cut off I'm so long on hold. Does Eircom even care about its business customers?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Alan, broadband worked fine fri evening until last night. Back to no dsl light again. On hold for broadband business support for last 20 minutes. I need a resolution on this. This is my 15th call or attempt to call Eircom in the past few weeks and Its still not resolved. Very unhappy business customer
    Hi travellingbid,

I see the engineer is on site now dealing with the escalation sent from business technical support - REF: 11946239

I will check the case again this afternoon and get back to you.

Mark

Advertisement