Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do existing customers need to sign up to 12 month contract for efibre?

Options
  • 08-10-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if Eircom require existing customers to sign up to a new 12 month contract when moving to efibre broadband??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

augusta24 wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering if Eircom require existing customers to sign up to a new 12 month contract when moving to efibre broadband??
    Hi augusta24

Yes a contract of 18 months applies when upgrading to efibre broadband.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

I just signed up online for efibre, believing that it was a 'free upgrade', as indicated on the eircom site.  Only after checking the FAQs did I notice that upgrading requires committing to a new 18 month contract.  I rang Eircom to cancel the upgrade.  Waited nearly 30 minutes to talk to someone, who was then unable to cancel my upgrade, as it hadn't appeared in the system yet.  And, of course, he couldn't take a note of my reference number to cancel it later. No, I have to ring back and wait ages tomorrow to try to cancel it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Ninap wrote: »
    I just signed up online for efibre, believing that it was a 'free upgrade', as indicated on the eircom site.  Only after checking the FAQs did I notice that upgrading requires committing to a new 18 month contract.  I rang Eircom to cancel the upgrade.  Waited nearly 30 minutes to talk to someone, who was then unable to cancel my upgrade, as it hadn't appeared in the system yet.  And, of course, he couldn't take a note of my reference number to cancel it later. No, I have to ring back and wait ages tomorrow to try to cancel it again.
    Hi Ninap

Sorry to hear about the efibre order issues you have had. Did you place the initial order online? It can take a few days for the order to become visible and unfortunately a follow up call is required to cancel the order.

Mark  

Hi Ninap

Sorry to hear about the efibre order issues you have had. Did you place the initial order online? It can take a few days for the order to become visible and unfortunately a follow up call is required to cancel the order.

Mark  
    thanks for response.  I'm not in a position to check (as the website doesn't allow it), but I am fairly certain that there was no mention of the requirement to commit to an 18 month contract when upgrading to efibre.  That shouldn't be the case.  It also shouldn't take so long to get through to your customer care.

Hi Ninap

Mark  
    thanks for response.  I'm not in a position to check (as the website doesn't allow it), but I am fairly certain that there was no mention of the requirement to commit to an 18 month contract when upgrading to efibre.  That shouldn't be the case.  It also shouldn't take so long to get through to your customer care.
    Hi Ninap

If you would like to send us a PM with the name the order was placed under and your address and we will get back to you.

Mark

• Advertisement

I just signed up online for efibre, believing that it was a 'free upgrade', as indicated on the eircom site. Only after checking the FAQs did I notice that upgrading requires committing to a new 18 month contract. I rang Eircom to cancel the upgrade. Waited nearly 30 minutes to talk to someone, who was then unable to cancel my upgrade, as it hadn't appeared in the system yet. And, of course, he couldn't take a note of my reference number to cancel it later. No, I have to ring back and wait ages tomorrow to try to cancel it again.
    Hi Ninap

Mark
    thanks for response. I'm not in a position to check (as the website doesn't allow it), but I am fairly certain that there was no mention of the requirement to commit to an 18 month contract when upgrading to efibre. That shouldn't be the case. It also shouldn't take so long to get through to your customer care.
    Hi Ninap

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I got your details & checked with the efibre online team and the online team. The online team confirmed they have your order. However orders for your area / address are not being processed until late October / early November this year.

As there is still some system work that needs to be full completed. I apologise that no one could advise you of this sooner.

also in relation to the contract. efibre has a minimum 18 month contract. The contract, time-frame has to be applicable to all customers. There is no shorter contract available if you decide to go ahead with the order.

Mark

I just signed up online for efibre, believing that it was a 'free upgrade', as indicated on the eircom site.  Only after checking the FAQs did I notice that upgrading requires committing to a new 18 month contract.  I rang Eircom to cancel the upgrade.  Waited nearly 30 minutes to talk to someone, who was then unable to cancel my upgrade, as it hadn't appeared in the system yet.  And, of course, he couldn't take a note of my reference number to cancel it later. No, I have to ring back and wait ages tomorrow to try to cancel it again.
    Hi Ninap

Mark  
    thanks for response.  I'm not in a position to check (as the website doesn't allow it), but I am fairly certain that there was no mention of the requirement to commit to an 18 month contract when upgrading to efibre.  That shouldn't be the case.  It also shouldn't take so long to get through to your customer care.
    Hi Ninap

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I  got your details & checked with the efibre online team and the online team. The online team confirmed they have your order. However orders for your area / address are not being processed until late October / early November this year.

As there is still some system work that needs to be full completed. I apologise that no one could advise you of this sooner.

also in relation to the contract. efibre has a minimum 18 month contract. The contract, time-frame has to be applicable to all customers. There is no shorter contract available if you decide to go ahead with the order.  

Mark

Hi Mark - just to confirm, i wish to cancel this order.  Can you arrange this?  Do you need anything further from me?

Regards,

Ninap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I just signed up online for efibre, believing that it was a 'free upgrade', as indicated on the eircom site.  Only after checking the FAQs did I notice that upgrading requires committing to a new 18 month contract.  I rang Eircom to cancel the upgrade.  Waited nearly 30 minutes to talk to someone, who was then unable to cancel my upgrade, as it hadn't appeared in the system yet.  And, of course, he couldn't take a note of my reference number to cancel it later. No, I have to ring back and wait ages tomorrow to try to cancel it again.
    Hi Ninap

Mark  
    thanks for response.  I'm not in a position to check (as the website doesn't allow it), but I am fairly certain that there was no mention of the requirement to commit to an 18 month contract when upgrading to efibre.  That shouldn't be the case.  It also shouldn't take so long to get through to your customer care.
    Hi Ninap

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I  got your details & checked with the efibre online team and the online team. The online team confirmed they have your order. However orders for your area / address are not being processed until late October / early November this year.

Mark

Hi Mark - just to confirm, i wish to cancel this order.  Can you arrange this?  Do you need anything further from me?

Regards,

Ninap

Hi Ninap,

I'm afraid we can't organise the cancellation of orders through this channel here. The cancellation section is on 1901 (option 4 and 3) They’ll be able to help you with this.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement