Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressuring management company to get alternative media provider in

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭zg3409

riclad wrote: »
    i know someone they had one choice upc,
    AFTER 3 years a sky dish was installed on the roof ,to serve the whole building ,
    you can choose sky or upc.
    AS stated a mini dish on a balcony ,or inside a room facing window ,
    if it faces the right direction, will pick up sky tv
    MINI dish is 53cm wide.http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/dishes.htm

my friend put a mini dish on the roof ,without permission ,
    told no one.used 3 bolts.
    to get sky tv for 3 years, ,he lives on the top floor of the block.
    A sky reciever without a sub still gets, free news,music, film channels.

Dishes to republic of Ireland generally need to be bigger than the UK. This is particularly important for the west of Ireland where signals are weaker. There are "hidden" dishes available but remember to get one designed for use in Ireland, rather than central europe.

Most hidden dish designs have larger sizes available for use in weak signal areas such as the west of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

That,s true ,but at least in dublin, i find minidishes work fine on sky tv,
    if you are putting a dish on the balcony , a minidish is better.
    make sure its secure .
    you may get less than perfect picture on 2 or 3 channels ,
    but theres 100s of channels on sky .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

odds_on wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, there was a thread some time ago about fixing dishes to the outside wall of an apartment block.
    The management company are not prevent an owner from using a satellite dish; they are preventing you from drilling holes in their property.
    An owner is not denied the use of a dish but is denied fixing it to the wall of a management company's property.
    You can use a dish to receive signals, but the dish would probably have to be mounted on a stand in the apartment. Not very pleasant but you still get a signal - if you have a south east facing window!

More often than not- its a condition of planning permission for muti-unit-developments, that satellite dishes are not permitted to be erected on the property. Far from it being the Management Company who are being intractable on the matter- its very possible, that the council may be behind the whole matter.

Advertisement