Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos: PS3 500GB & 2 Games €249

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Stock levels are only middling so be quick if you are looking for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

None available inside the Pale it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

This looks pretty good from UK (use Parcel Motel).

Preowned though, but comes with 1 year warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Uncharted 3, Far Cry 3, Spec Ops:The Line and XCOM are 'free' on PS+ this month. 8 euro for a months membership

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Whipping Boy

I ordered this very deal on Game.co.uk a few weeks back having been frustrated by Argos' lack of stock.

Came to €240ish including delivery - perfect!

• Advertisement

Uncharted 3, Far Cry 3, Spec Ops:The Line and XCOM are 'free' on PS+ this month. 8 euro for a months membership

The games are not playable after the month is up correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

mrcheez wrote: »
    The games are not playable after the month is up correct?

Correct, but its really worth paying 50 euros for the year as there have been some great games released and they last as long as your membership plus you get bita games as well.
    You dont even have to download them, just add them to your basket otherwise you will lose the chance to get them as they remove games each month as well as add them so you wont get all the games in the list below, I'm just showing what sort of quality is released
    have a look at the boards thread here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055942087&page=253

Mortal Kombat January 2, 2013 [30] Gotham City Impostors (Australia and Germany) 44 BioShock 2 45 Guardians of Middle-earth 46 F1 Race Stars February 6, 2013 [31] 47 Sleeping Dogs Binary Domain (Germany) 48 Quantum Conundrum 49 Dead or Alive 5 March 6, 2013 [32] 50 Mass Effect 3 51 Joe Danger 2: The Movie 52 The Cave April 3, 2013 [33] 53 The Lord of the Rings: War in the North 54 Ōkami HD 55 Thomas Was Alone (cross-buy) April 24, 2013 56 Catherine May 1, 2013 [34] 57 Hitman: Absolution 58 Malicious 59 Demon's Souls May 29, 2013 [35] 60 Ico & Shadow of the Colossus 61 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 62 LittleBigPlanet Karting June 12, 2013 [36] 63 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (single player) 64 XCOM: Enemy Unknown 65 Battlefield 3 July 3, 2013 [37] 66 Payday: The Heist 67 Saints Row: The Third 68 Mafia II July 31, 2013 [38] 69 Need for Speed: Most Wanted 70 Spec Ops: The Line 71 When Vikings Attack! (cross-buy) 72 Assassin's Creed III August 28, 2013 [39] 73 The Jak and Daxter Trilogy (cross-buy) 74 Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (cross-buy) 75 Far Cry 3 September 25, 2013 [40] 76 Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams 77 Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

I'm just showing what sort of quality is released have a look at the boards thread here

Yep I know of the quality alright (puts Xbox Live to shame), just wanted to be sure about the duration u get to use the games for. A year membership is really the only option to make use of all these games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yep I know of the quality alright (puts Xbox Live to shame), just wanted to be sure about the duration u get to use the games for. A year membership is really the only option to make use of all these games!

yep and you just missed out on a deal where you got a year PLUS 3 months for the year price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

gone back to €327-- now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

spongbob wrote: »
    gone back to €327-- now

I'm both disappointed and relieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Shame it's ended. Just noticed the thread. For 250 euro that's such a great deal.

Even if you already own GTA5 you could always sell it on. So guess it would have been a 210 euro for the for a 500gb PS3 and the last of us. Wow such a great bargain. Am kicking myself for not seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

I`ve been watching this for ages and there has been no stock for weeks. Went to Argos in Omni and girl said that as soon as they get them (only 1 or 2 at a time), that the staff most likely get them.

Anyway over the last month it has gone up and down in price from €327 to €250 and back again.

Harvey Norman have the pack for €300 if anyone interested.

Shame it's ended. Just noticed the thread. For 250 euro that's such a great deal.

Even if you already own GTA5 you could always sell it on. So guess it would have been a 210 euro for the for a 500gb PS3 and the last of us. Wow such a great bargain. Am kicking myself for not seeing it.

That's what I done when I got mine, took GTAV to CEX, got €60 store credit for it or could of got €55 cash, €250 for the PS3, The Last of Us and 5 other games with my trade in of GTAV not a bad deal at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

hellboy99 wrote: »
    That's what I done when I got mine, took GTAV to CEX, got €60 store credit for it or could of got €55 cash, €250 for the PS3, The Last of Us and 5 other games with my trade in of GTAV not a bad deal at all :)

I picked one up, but only because I kept a close eye on the stock checker.

At one stage they had the bundle but were sold out of The Last of Us.

At one stage they had the bundle but were sold out of The Last of Us.
    You can pick up The Last of Us game at another store if not in stock. I had to do this with mine, got the console in one store and picked up the game for free in another, just showed them the receipt for the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

whackball wrote: »
    I`ve been watching this for ages and there has been no stock for weeks. Went to Argos in Omni and girl said that as soon as they get them (only 1 or 2 at a time), that the staff most likely get them.

Anyway over the last month it has gone up and down in price from €327 to €250 and back again.

Harvey Norman have the pack for €300 if anyone interested.

Current selling price valid until 17/01/2014

Advertisement