Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what to wear to a nightclub in ireland for a girl?

• 08-10-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey just wondering what I can wear to a nightclub in Dublin and galway since that's where I'm going out. Any tips where I can by cheap dresses ? Wouldn't pay more then 20 euro. I'm not a big fan of my legs and I don't like heels much but have your typical nice black heels. Wondering if I can wear black pumps say from Penny's ? And blue jeans and a nice top will that do ? I have no clue what to wear not sure what a top for a club would look like either ? Any help would be great. Any links for tops or dresses would be helpful to. Thank you :) also for pumps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Penneys is your best bet for an inexpensive dress, also try h&m.
    If you're looking for pumps, Penneys is probably best for that too, or try New Look.
    You say you don't like your legs so maybe try a midi dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nfa

Ciara GaGa wrote: »
    Penneys is your best bet for an inexpensive dress, also try h&m.
    If you're looking for pumps, Penneys is probably best for that too, or try New Look.
    You say you don't like your legs so maybe try a midi dress?

For Penny's all I can think of are just the plain black pumps would that do ? Or is that to causal ? Also for midi dresses would they suit me ? I'm short so not sure ? They wouldn't be my favorite things to wear. Would normal skinny jeans be fine ?

nfa wrote: »
    For Penny's all I can think of are just the plain black pumps would that do ? Or is that to causal ? Also for midi dresses would they suit me ? I'm short so not sure ? They wouldn't be my favorite things to wear. Would normal skinny jeans be fine ?

If you're worried about the pumps, why not try boots?, dont have to have a major heel or anything. Penneys have several pairs of suitable ones in right now in black with gold detailing (sound awful, but with black skinnies they'd look fab)

Ok then forget the midi dress, and stick with what you'd feel most comfortable in. Yeah skinny jeans would be perfect

Something like this...
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/boots/black-drape-chain-stud-ankle-boots_288014401

...a bit dressier than pumps, yet still comfy and will go with everything

If you're worried about the pumps, why not try boots?, dont have to have a major heel or anything. Penneys have several pairs of suitable ones in right now in black with gold detailing (sound awful, but with black skinnies they'd look fab)

Ok then forget the midi dress, and stick with what you'd feel most comfortable in. Yeah skinny jeans would be perfect

Okay I will look into Penny's. Would you be able to tell me what a nice top would look like ?

• Advertisement

Something like this...
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/boots/black-drape-chain-stud-ankle-boots_288014401

...a bit dressier than pumps, yet still comfy and will go with everything

These look good would people were them with jeans ?

Whatever you feel most comfortable in..
    cami tops are popular right now but perhaps wouldnt be for evryone as they show a lot of skin,http://www.riverisland.com/women/tops/cami--sleeveless-tops/Purple-cami-top-646254 but when teamed with a cardi or little jacket they look lovely.
    Alternatively, you could try a shirt/blouse, they suit everyone and can flatter any figure. Penneys have tons in right now, you will definitely find one there

nfa wrote: »
    These look good would people were them with jeans ?
    yeah black skinny jeans tucked in would look great!, very rock chick

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FBee

Personally, I think that jeans, a top and plain black pumps would look a little too casual. Even if you add a nice small heel or some nice shoe boots with a heel would really add to the outfit. I say small because you mentioned that you don't like heels, so perhaps you would be more comfortable in a small heel?
    If you don't like your legs then you could always wear a midi skirt - they do suit short people too, just get one that sits below the calf.
    A nice skirt with some black tights are also an option.
    A nice top could be anything from a crop top to a blouse, it just depends on what suits you. If you go into a shop and look around at what they have then choose from there.
    Also add some nice jewellery which will make the outfit a bit more dressier.

If you do want to see what typically is worn in nightclubs then have a look at their Facebook page as the majority of nightclubs post up pictures from nights out there.

It is honestly up to you and your fashion choices, you don't want to wear something which you don't like.
    The important thing is to make sure you don't jump out of your comfort zone and because of this don't enjoy the night.

Advertisement