Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How late is too late to sew grass?

• 08-10-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Last year, I did my back garden drainage, and had the grass seed down by the end of September.

This year, my digger man has been fairly delayed in getting to me. I hope to get him next week to put in some drainage pipes for the driveway, garden and from the roof. His going to level out the front garden then. Hopefully all going well, the garden will be level,raked and ready for seeding by Friday week - but is that too late for this year?

I'm not too worried if it is, I'll just keep it raked and weeded over the Winter until probably late March/April.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

It's more to do with the weather than the time of year. Keep an eye on the 5 day forecast. It looks like it could be mild enough this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,761 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

iirc, grass growth is stunted at 6C and lower? So if its higher than that you can get growth any time of the year.

But I am sure a gardening guru will correct me.

Advertisement