Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbook 10.1" screen replacement. Swap brackets?

Options
  • 08-10-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I purchased a 10.1" replacement screen for an MSI and when I went to fit it, the brackets are in the same place, but ever so slightly wider. I gave the correct serial numbers to the Irish seller.

Has anyone got any solutions, apart from sending it back?

Could I swap over the brackets from the old screen? is that a fiddly job?

Could I nick the bracket holes slightly so that the screw now fits in, albeit with its own width again now on the outside towards the frame?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭HTB

When you say brackets do you mean strips of metal down the sides with maybe fixings at the top and bottom.

If so you should be able to remove these (small screws down the side of the screen) and be just left with the bare screen. Then do the same to your existing screen and swap the new one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

HTB wrote: »
    When you say brackets do you mean strips of metal down the sides with maybe fixings at the top and bottom.

If so you should be able to remove these (small screws down the side of the screen) and be just left with the bare screen. Then do the same to your existing screen and swap the new one in.

HI, thanks for the help. No, sorry but in this case its held by 4 small screwed brackets more or less at each corner. They were too wide. I've had to adjust (mangle) them only to find that the screen has other minor obstructions stopping the bezel from returning to its proper fit. Its essentially a 10.1 inch screen that is incompatible with this netbook. A minor disaster. But I've bodged it in. I've never done that before. Shame, but I don't trust the eBay seller to know his ar*e from his elbow tbh.

Advertisement