Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to open a DBS file

Options
  • 08-10-2013 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

My laptop will not allow me open a zip file. It presents itself as a blank page document, under file type it says DBS

When I click open it asks me to choose the program with which I wish to open it. Now I don't have any software that enables me to do such.

I've been informed that WINRAR allows me to open it if I download that, I did this and then downloaded the DBS file again and clicked open, I chose Winrar as the program I need to open but now it still won't open

Its nog logged as a WINRAR file and in my own head ill now never be able to open this.

Can anyone share their thoughts on a solution? Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

A .dbs file is a type of Database file, it will open with certain SQL Database software.

It is shown as a blank page doc as you don't have any appropriate software to open it.

Are you sure it's a zipped file? It shouldn't be.

Be wary of dodgy software online which claims to open this file extension, it should only open in legit Database software such as SQLBase or SQL Anywhere.

It's a very specific file type to have if you don't use DB software though :confused:

Advertisement