Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM for GPS tracker

Options
  • 08-10-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I have just ordered a GPS tracker from Amazon and according to one of the reviews it will only work with a 2.5G sim or less. Are these still available and if so am I correct in thinking Meteor would be the best pay as you go option as they allow €5 topups and if I'm reading the T&Cs correctly you only need to topup every 150 days. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

digitaldr wrote: »
    I have just ordered a GPS tracker from Amazon and according to one of the reviews it will only work with a 2.5G sim or less. Are these still available and if so am I correct in thinking Meteor would be the best pay as you go option as they allow €5 topups and if I'm reading the T&Cs correctly you only need to topup every 150 days. Thanks

Most are 5-6 Months so should work fine. Just make sure you register the sim on line as this way you can check credit plus top it up as needs be on line without having to get at the sim card each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks for that Altor - good tip about registering online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Last time I was on amazon three had Sims with a few Gb preloaded, might work out cheaper than having to top up all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭scoobydoobie

@digitadlr which tracker did you order, and do you plan on putting it into a home appliance or something else in case of a burgalry, i had been thinking about that myself, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

It's for my motorbike. I ordered this one off Amazon - seemed to get good reviews - hasn't arrived yet. Will let you know how I get on with it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

On a side note , are O2 sims no longer required to top up regularly?
    Just checked mine & this is what it shows?
    Checked my CC and I havn't topped up since last November.

275912.gif

Advertisement