Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Licence wait in Waterford Motor Tax Office

Options
  • 08-10-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any idea what is the the normal waiting time for a new licence once you have handed in you form to the motor tax office? The woman told me a couple of days , its been over a week now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

mine took 3 week..thats was around 3 month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

I think when I renewed mine in September it took about two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

They're very slow, took 3 - 4 weeks for my son's full licence to be processed but took 7 - 8 weeks for the provisional licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I applied 3 Weeks ago again and they haven't taken payment from my card yet.

It took 2 months to get one in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

supposedly there supposed to be so short on staff in the motor tax office that they wait till the licence forms accumulate till there is enough to justify taking one of the desk staff off to complete the forms,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

Got mine done last month and received it after a week and a half so you might be lucky and get it posted out just as quick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

The tax office is just very busy at the moment due to the new tax laws, this will probably affect the wait time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm nearly 17 years in Waterford and it's always been so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It's not the Waterford office, it's the newer style licences that take a while to get printed and made up which is done elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I dropped in an application to add a new category to my existing license 2 weeks ago. Same as above, notice 2 weeks later that they still hadn't taken the payment. I rang them and the girl advised they are absolutely swamped with the changes to declaring your car off the road. They had 82 people in the queue the other day she said!

Long story short, ring them and tell them you have lessons booked and are waiting on the license and they will fast track yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

This office will close to the public from 29 November and reopen in Waterford Shopping centre a week later under control of the RSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

wellboytoo wrote: »
    This office will close to the public from 29 November and reopen in Waterford Shopping centre a week later under control of the RSA.
    As in Lisduggan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

As in Lisduggan?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maltese falcon11

Until Friday 25th October 2013, you may continue to apply for your driving licence or learner permit as normal at your local Motor Tax office. From Tuesday 29th October 2013, the application process will change and applications must be made in any one of the NDLS centres nationwide.

http://www.ndls.ie/en/

FYI I got my new learners permit on Tuesday, 19 days after the application in case anyone is interested.

It will be 3 Weeks Monday since I order my replacement plastic licence, still no sign.

Card licence arrived today, but they haven't taken the money from my card yet.

Quick, cancel the card! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I got mine today as well. They probably do them in batches. I sent a cheque and that went through a few days ago.
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Card licence arrived today, but they haven't taken the money from my card yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

I got mine a week after I started this post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Sorry to bump an old thread but do we need to make apt to get provisional licence or can we just show up with fee/docs?

Oh yeah & where is the centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

You will find all the info here.

http://www.ndls.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

1966 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread but do we need to make apt to get provisional licence or can we just show up with fee/docs?

Oh yeah & where is the centre?

I went into the licence centre in Lisduggan last wednesday afer work, and just walked in. I had made no appointment.

Advertisement