Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate Posts

Options
  • 08-10-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭

When using my Tablet to reply to a thread my post can be duplicated a number of times.

This started last night and has continued today.

Tablet is GoClever and I've used it from three different wifi locations.

Any help much appreciated.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've seen it with several posters.
    Are you using the unofficial boards.ie app to access the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

biko wrote: »
    I've seen it with several posters.
    Are you using the unofficial boards.ie app to access the site?

Thanks, yes I think it's an unofficial Android App I'm using.

Is there an official one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Our app is in development at the moment but not ready for general release just yet.

I'd recommend accessing touch.boards.ie through your mobile browswer-it is optimised for tablets and smartphones :)

phog, get in touch with the app developer to fix it.
    You'll find contact details on the Google Play page where you download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I've found 2 of these unofficial apps on Google Play - one of which is stripping out our ads and is therefore costing us money, so I've requested that he remove the app from Play and that he contact everyone who's installed it to remove it.

Unsurprisingly, we really don't like people costing us our wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Duplicate (or more) posts are happening in particular with specific users lately

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Dav wrote: »
    I've found 2 of these unofficial apps on Google Play - one of which is stripping out our ads and is therefore costing us money, so I've requested that he remove the app from Play and that he contact everyone who's installed it to remove it.

Hi dav.ive also noticed lately that my posts are duplicating themselves.im on the unofficial boards app.any idea why this is happening or how to fix the problem..thanks

Hi dav.ive also noticed lately that my posts are duplicating themselves.im on the unofficial boards app.any idea why this is happening or how to fix the problem..thanks

:pac: proving your point there!

Maudi delete the app and use touch.boards.ie instead. There's no point in asking for a workaround/fix for something that boards doesn't want you using.

• Advertisement

Our app is in development at the moment but not ready for general release just yet.

I'd recommend accessing touch.boards.ie through your mobile browswer-it is optimised for tablets and smartphones :)

Using touch.boards.ie but I'd prefer an app any estimated time of release for the official one?

Sorry but I won't give support on an unofficial app someone else wrote, and I kinda guess the boards devs won't either.
    Did you get in touch with the app developer and tell them to fix it like I suggested?

Sorry but I won't give support on an unofficial app someone else wrote, and I kinda guess the boards devs won't either.

I'm not asking you to give support, I asked about an estimated time of release of an official one that's in development as mentioned in Post #4
    Did you get in touch with the app developer and tell them to fix it like I suggested

No, I just stopped using it.

phog wrote: »
    I'm not asking you to give support, I asked about an estimated time of release of an official one that's in development as mentioned in Post #4
    Oops, that was for Maudi. I should have quoted him so it was clearer.

Hopefully an official app will be available soon.

Hi biko what did i ask you to do again?

Ah seriously!

• Advertisement

Maudi wrote: »
    ... :D

Hi, you asked Dav "any idea why this is happening or how to fix the problem".
    It's not our app so we can't really do anything at all.
    Someone else wrote it and only they can fix their code.

As I suggested earlier, get in touch with the developer (you'll find the details on the app page on Google Play) and let them know.

Maudi, as I explained when you PM'd me you should delete the app, and type touch.boards.ie into your general internet app which is probably chrome (I'm on apple so I'm by sure what the android default is). The touch site is excellent and doesn't send your posts and PMs multiple times!

Maudi, as I explained when you PM'd me you should delete the app, and type touch.boards.ie into your general internet app which is probably chrome (I'm on apple so I'm by sure what the android default is). The touch site is excellent and doesn't send your posts and PMs multiple times!

Ok i tried it earlier and couldnt do it..il try again when i get home...we're not all computer whizz kids ya know.

Ok i tried it earlier and couldnt do it..il try again when i get home...we're not all computer whizz kids ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

:D

Go to "Settings > Apps" then scroll to the Boards.ie App of whatever it's called and select it. Then press "Uninstall"

In your internet browser as Whoops has said type in "Touch.Boards.ie" and "now ye'r talking" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I don't think we'll have our app out this side of Christmas to be honest, but Alvis and Diego are working on the tech end of it daily and Coleman and Rebecca who are Product Managers are working hard on getting the interface and features right.

I don't understand why anyone would use an app that isn't an app at all, but a wrapper on our existing website. Just bookmark the website...

I don't think we'll have our app out this side of Christmas to be honest, but Alvis and Diego are working on the tech end of it daily and Coleman and Rebecca who are Product Managers are working hard on getting the interface and features right.

I don't understand why anyone would use an app that isn't an app at all, but a wrapper on our existing website. Just bookmark the website...

Thanks.

TBH, I wasn't aware of touch.boards.ie when I got my Tablet and I found the unofficial App excellent until recently when it started to duplicate posts.

I found the refresh "icon" on the app to be one click rather than two on the refresh on the touch.boards screen - other than that it's much of a muchness aside from as you say that you need to bookmark the site.

Um, you're welcome...

Um, you're welcome...

Thanks..

• Advertisement

Um, you're welcome...

I filled in all the necessarys on the chrome thing was told "nearly done"we have sent you an email to do something else with.. but nothing has happened??

Advertisement