Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate Posts

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did you try to log in, or did you try to register a new account? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Maudi wrote: »
    I filled in all the necessarys on the chrome thing was told "nearly done"we have sent you an email to do something else with.. but nothing has happened??

It sounds to me like you might have gone through the registration process, if you go to touch.boards.ie and click login in the top right hand corner you can log straight in using your username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I filled in all the necessarys on the chrome thing was told "nearly done"we have sent you an email to do something else with.. but nothing has happened??

Could you try again please - your duplicate and triplicate posts in the Greystones forum are a bit irritating

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Could you try again please - your duplicate and triplicate posts in the Greystones forum are a bit irritating

Any better?

Any better?

• Advertisement

Any better?

Oh.f.f.s...what about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any better?

I think the problem is with the unofficial app. If you're still using it then dump it and use touch.boards.ie until the official boards app is ready use.

It worked for me anyway.

phog wrote: »
    I think the problem is with the unofficial app. If you're still using it then dump it and use touch.boards.ie until the official boards app is ready use.

It worked for me anyway.

Thanks.i did and it seems to be working

Just to let Dav/Nicola know, I was logged out on my phone yesterday and brought to the touch site which advertised the boards app. Might need to be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This is happening a lot.

Maybe Dav could put a sitewide announcement that the unofficial app may be causing this?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, I am seeing a lot of duplicate posts as of late, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Just to let Dav/Nicola know, I was logged out on my phone yesterday and brought to the touch site which advertised the boards app. Might need to be looked at.

I think this is still happening.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen an ad for a Boards app a few times on the touch site over the last couple of days.

Hard to be critical of people for using it if it's being advertised on the site :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

hmmm, ok, time to issue a cease and desist to whoever is making this dodgy app.

any idea on when the Boards official app will be ready?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They're going to be at the testing stage in the new year, so hopefully within the next few months. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

phog wrote: »
    any idea on when the Boards official app will be ready?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057100995
    Have a read of this. You might have missed the boat on being a tester though.

ken wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057100995
    Have a read of this. You might have missed the boat on being a tester though.

Probably missed out on testing but will keep an eye on the thread, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I haven't read through this whole thread but why are people supposing that this unofficial Boards app is the root of the problem? I only use the normal Touch site (no app) but regularly get duplicated posts. It seems to happen when pressing 'back' (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) to get back to the thread list after making a post, i.e. unless you press back several times very quickly, it resubmits the post.

I haven't read through this whole thread but why are people supposing that this unofficial Boards app is the root of the problem? I only use the normal Touch site (no app) but regularly get duplicated posts. It seems to happen when pressing 'back' (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) to get back to the thread list after making a post, i.e. unless you press back several times very quickly, it resubmits the post.

This has happened to me a few time since I switched to touch site as recently as last night.
    I wasn't sure if it was me or my tablet. Last night there was a gap of nearly an hour between original post and duplicate post.

A lot of people who have encountered this problem have admitted that they use the unofficial boards.ie app.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

This. It didn't used to do this but the how the submit works seemed to change a while back. This duplication has been a pain in the ass since. I never use any app for boards btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Sorry for digging this up but it's getting on my nerves looking at duplicate posts all day :( ...

Can this app be stopped somehow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Our app is in development at the moment but not ready for general release just yet.

I'd recommend accessing touch.boards.ie through your mobile browswer-it is optimised for tablets and smartphones :)

Anyone have an update On this?

This was posted 8 months ago and there's still no app :(

Version 1.0.0 was released the other day. It's the 6th(i think) update so far. I've been helping with testing along with others. It's almost there. There are 1 or 2 small issues still but should be ready soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

ken wrote: »
    Version 1.0.0 was released the other day. It's the 6th(i think) update so far. I've been helping with testing along with others. It's almost there. There are 1 or 2 small issues still but should be ready soon.

Mind sending me a copy of the apk? Pleeeeease! :pac:

Hope it's released soon.

Mind sending me a copy of the apk? Pleeeeease! :pac:

Hope it's released soon.
    You tell me what that is and how to do it from an android phone and I'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I sometimes get duplicate posts thanks to three's intermittent 3G,if it cuts out just at the moment of posting two posts will pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ForEffsSake

Does anyone else get duplicate posts when they edit a post? Happens to me all the time, which is annoying.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

We're getting a slight upsurge in duplicates on the weather forum - five in a row from one user yesterday - and from asking around it seems to be related to their connection dropping while using the touch site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Thanks for the heads up Lumi. Not much we can do about a dodgy connection, but we might be able to get something in place.

Advertisement