Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Disaster

• 08-10-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I ordered broadband three weeks ago approx from Magnet. sent me a txt to say that engineer is coming. low and behold engineer never showed up on day he/she was meant to come. rang them said they would get back to me the next day. they didnt. rang again. it will take 72 hours to resolve and they will get back to me.never rang back. rang again they said they are having discussion with Eircom and that im on the next list of callouts and they will txt me.days later still no response. 3 weeks since first call to Magnet and still not resolved and three weeks with no internet. Ordered UPC today they are coming 2moro. Rant over. Stay away from Magnet for stress reasons alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

I have had the exact same issue as you, they never call back, I have no idea how they stay in business, they tell you the same bullcrap story everytime you call, and going on what you said there, they tell every customer the same bullcrap also. I finally got it after just over a month and I bearly get 1mb. 45 euro for 1mb? lol ....Cancelled it already

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you are getting the line from Magnet then blame Magnet.

If it's a third party reselling over Eircom copper then blame Eircom, unless the problem only happens when get to the Magnet network.

Speed problems are likely to be Eircom

connectivity issues where some sites/services work perfectly but others don't may be Magnet

Advertisement