Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of Buddlea

• 08-10-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭

Have a very large Budlea growing out of a wall. How do I kill it? Spray something on the leaves and cut it down after its taken effect or cut it down first and treat the stump. Have access to some of the roots funnily enough via a sewage manhole. No wonder the thing started to get so big so quick all of a sudden. Can I treat those roots with anything to kill it quicker?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Expect this to be a difficult and problematic exercise. Best tackled when plant is actively growing but you'll need to act soon. Cut and remove as many stems/branches and inject main plant with diesel in several places.

It's probably too late in season for using more conventional methods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I guess it can wait till next year for the final kill. Could I cut it back savagely now though but leave the main stems so there is plenty of fresh green growth next Spring to treat with 'Conventional methods'. By this do you mean industrial levels of Roundup on the green leaves?? :D

Advertisement