Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy protein supplements

• 08-10-2013 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi just wondering where is the best place to whey protein? I heard on this forum that myprotein is one of the best suppliers and the cheapest. I was just looking at the website and a 1kg pouch of whey protein is €16.99 but when u take shipping charges into account aswell nearly €5 is it really worth buying off of them online compared to buy maximuscle etc in your local town?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I prefer bulkpowders, just me but I've always had issues with shipping from myprotein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Myprotein are a disaster! Took three weeks to deliver an order, thread on here about it.

I use theproteinworks now and have had no trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

myprotein seem to be hit and miss, i ordered on monday got my delivery on wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

What are the shipping prices like for myprotein and bulkpowders?

Nitsuj wrote: »
    What are the shipping prices like for myprotein and bulkpowders?

about 5-7 euro. You can often get free shipping though, or a tenner etc off on the specials they run all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Christy92

UN sports nutrition are doin 2.2kg of whey, and 908g of casein for €60 with free shaker and delivery. works out about €20 a kilo got it myself there a few days ago and was really impressed. There's about a gram less protein per scoop than the likes of Optimum nutrition but for the price you pay for the tub it works out as being much better value.

myprotein et all is about 65 euro for 5kg of whey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

look up unsportsnutrition. Free delivery from what and I remember. Me and a mate bought 3 tubs of kinetica and got some discount for buying in bulk.

look up unsportsnutrition. Free delivery from what and I remember. Me and a mate bought 3 tubs of kinetica and got some discount for buying in bulk.

4.4kg of kinetica is 85 euro. Thats good value for kinetica, but not good value for whey.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

4.4kg of kinetica is 85 euro. Thats good value for kinetica, but not good value for whey.
    You think it's over priced? It was much cheaper than ON at the time and was told it tasted nice :D. Also we paid in GBP which worked in our favour i think.

I'll be buying again in a few weeks, what brand do you recommend?

• Advertisement

myprotein, bulkpowders or theproteinworks all do their own stuff and they are roughly the same price and quality. You'll probably find a referral code on boards that'll save you 5 or 10 euro off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

GROUPIE15 for 15% off myprotein till the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Detest

Hp nutrition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭alsace royal

Detest wrote: »
    Hp nutrition

i will deff second that, cheap, great selection and order before 3 and it at the door the next morn

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭phlex

discountsupplements.ie

great selection and deliveries next day or same day depending on how early you order.

always throw in lovely samples and I usually get a shaker for free anytime I order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Myprotein for me. Never had an issue with shipping I would usually buy the 5 kg €57.79 unflavored then just buy the flava drops €4.09. Think its the cheapest around and .5 kg of creapure €14.98 all for €81.81 Delivered. Plus they give you a code to pass to your mates and when they order with that you get points and you can discount your order. They also always give out discount codes and have offers almost weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

Have used myprotein in last few months and have been happy enough, delivery can be up to a week tho! Tried the protein works this time around ordered tuesday around lunch time and was dispatched within 2hours and due for delivery within the next hour! Free delivery and products work out cheaper than MP! Will let ppl know about products in due course

Advertisement