Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Product purchased in Argos - please advise

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

The receipt you receive from Argos is both a proof of purchase & your guarantee with them

The guarantee is a legal agreement. Nothing of the sort on the receipt. I think people just say it because they here other people saying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

The guarantee is a legal agreement. Nothing of the sort on the receipt. I think people just say it because they here other people saying it.

Argos state on their receipt that is also your guarantee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Argos state on their receipt that is also your guarantee.

I frequently sound as if I know what I'm talking about, it doesn't make it so. There is a complete misunderstanding over what a guarantee is and who provides it. Suffice it to say, lack of a receipt is not fatal to a claim under your consumer rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Bepolite wrote: »
    I frequently sound as if I know what I'm talking about, it doesn't make it so. There is a complete misunderstanding over what a guarantee is and who provides it. Suffice it to say, lack of a receipt is not fatal to a claim under your consumer rights.

Never said it was.
    But, if you don't have your receipt you may find it a lot harder to have any guarantee honoured

Advertisement