Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying a jcb 3cx

• 08-10-2013 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a old mf50 digger that is on its latest legs and am lookingrat buying a jcb 3cx... I would be thinking mid 90's I know there are two models around then white cab and yellow cab... maybe someone could offer advice on how much I should be paying and what to look out for? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

we have 2 3cx's one 2002 model other 95ish i think
    the older one is a mighty machine never gave major problems
    there a great machine dont know the difference in white & yellow cab but (ours is whilte cab) but would 100% make sure the one you buy is 4x4 2wd will break ur heart unless your always on solid ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭larthehar

we have 2 3cx's one 2002 model other 95ish i think
    the older one is a mighty machine never gave major problems
    there a great machine dont know the difference in white & yellow cab but (ours is whilte cab) but would 100% make sure the one you buy is 4x4 2wd will break ur heart unless your always on solid ground

How many hours is up on it? Just as an indication of when trouble might start! Currentlyhave a 2wd and is a bit of a pain of you drive into a hole... End up trying to poke yourself out with the loader and pull with the backhoe at the same time!

Dunno what sort of money they are making? Couple on DD up north but look like they were resprayed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

yeah a 2wd isnt worth the hassle for th saving we had a 2wd and 4wd is the only way clock stopped working on older one a while back and i was never main driver of it that was my father but there would be a good amount of hours and its actually early 90's not 95 apolagies for that

as for reliability we always kept them serviced regularly the way we seen it was for the sake of the cost of a good service it will save you in the long run. dont be fooled by the way one looks if mechanically it looks tight and has any service stickers on it or recipts this would be a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

White cabs would be early 1980's, basically the first of them with a chassis, instead of a Leyland skid unit.
    Black cabs mid 1980's, all glass door
    Grey cabs would be 1989 onwards
    Then they had a few grey cab models with the 5 stud back axle, before going on to the curvy cab models.
    Curvy mudguard models with a 5 stud back axle , called Project 8, from 1992 to 97.
    Turbo engine models probably not needed, unless you are climbing silage pits with a big rake. Harder on diesel as well.

Advertisement