Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC fibre power broadband set up and activation

• 08-10-2013 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Can someone please tell me when ordering UPC fibre power broadband is there much involved in the installation and activation of this service? Does a service engineer have to call out and set it up? Cause I ordered UPC a few days ago and it being delivered to me tomorrow by Post. What's involved after it being delivered by courier?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

martineire wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me when ordering UPC fibre power broadband is there much involved in the installation and activation of this service? Does a service engineer have to call out and set it up? Cause I ordered UPC a few days ago and it being delivered to me tomorrow by Post. What's involved after it being delivered by courier?

Thanks

Essentially not,just plug the coax into the modem and off you go. If you don't have coax already then an engineer visit is required.

If you do then make sure all your devices all use DHCP and you are done.

If things go wrong then the fun starts, if things do go wrong I suggest ringing and asking for the self-install group as they seem to know what they are doing and are very helpful as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

If a courier is delivering it then its a self install,so no engineer will be calling.Very easy to set up,just follow the instructions here:

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/566

And there's a video of how to set it up here too:

http://www.upc.ie/customer_support/helpdemos/?code=762CFF87-4533-4261-BDE8-31D8D0E2E345&vid=video_427

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

Cheers lads thanks for the advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

I'm just after recieving my fibre power broadband by courier. As I am a new customer I don't have an UPC outlet port on my wall in my home. I presume I don't need this as this is a Cisco modem and it wifi. There for there is no need for codax cables supplied then. Is it just a matter of plugging the modem in and waiting for the four lights to go solid then connecting my laptop to the wifi connection??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

martineire wrote: »
    As I am a new customer I don't have an UPC outlet port on my wall in my home.

ummm...

If you don't have UPC coax into your house there's no way for UPC to deliver the broadband service to your modem...

Call them and explain you don't have a coax outlet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement