Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexism on RTE ban radio Splinter Mod

Options
  • 08-10-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi I have been banned twice in the past 48 hours from the radio forum by the same moderator. I feel that he has a vendetta against me. I made a comment about Ryan Tubridy. If he explained why I was banned then maybe I wouldn't appeal but I didn't make any insulting or inflammatory remarks about him(Tubridy), I just gave an opinion on what I think he is like. I could accept a ban but two weeks is out of line imo. This is comment I made and please check if it is in context with the thread. Thanks.

"He(Tubridy) is trying to saying that his ideal woman is a blonde bimbo - with silicone breast implants, oompa loompa skin, covered in tattoos and wearing uggs. And if they don't conform to this stereotype. they won't be called a "fine looking bird,no doubt, with tattoos on her ankles." He is a nerd who couldn't handle a real woman, so he creates an some kind of freakish, sexist desire as his ideal. So many girls are already trying to fit this model, it's too much. How can mothers sit there and listen to him trying to sexualise their daughters into becoming Ms.Frankenstein? "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Sorry but this isn't going to be overturned, either.

You keep assuming it's a ban because of 'one post' or that a Moderator 'has a vendetta' when it's clear to see in several threads you've done little other than posting negative news articles (Even after having been warned, TWICE, that you'd be banned if you persisted with the article copy/pasting) and furthermore, anything and everything you say goes directly against the Charter in nearly every post. Once the first ban faded you went right back to doing the exact same thing you were banned for in the first place.

I've already highlighted the relevant Charter points HERE in your previous DRP thread - I suggest you read them very carefully.

The Mods have no vendetta against you but you have a vendetta vs Ryan Tubridy [Anyone who checks your post history can see nearly wall to wall negative posts] - And, unfortunately for you, this is against the Charter given Radio doesn't exist to be used as a means of discussing the personal lives of, or insulting, Radio 'Presenters'.

I'd STRONGLY suggest that if you intend to enjoy the Radio Forum once this ban has faded that you ditch this crusade against the presenter - If you don't, you will simply wind up banned yet again, maybe permanently, seeing as you've (In quick succession) been warned multiple times in separate threads as well as banned, twice, for the exact same shenanigans in quick succession.

Again, please, read the charter, take note of what can and can't be discussed in the Forum and don't assume that just because one Moderator had to handle the problems you caused, twice in a row, that it somehow means there's vendetta's in place here.

Ban Upheld - You can request an Admin to review this if you so wish.

Hi. I didn't copy/paste the last post, that's what I don't get. It hardly matters that I have posted a number of negative comments about Ryan, Surely, I am entitled to my own opinion. There was nothing wrong with my last post, so please explain the ban plus I didn't get a chance to overturn the previous(24 hours) ban as I got no reply on here for a long time. That would have been overruled if it was still in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I never said you had copy/pasted the last post - I'm saying you had been warned multiple times and been asked to read the charter, generally following said Warning or the previous ban, some of said warnings being down to your copy/pasting of negative news articles but ultimately because ALL of what you are posting is done with intent to stick it to Tubridy in some way or another.

Any and all actions taken against you, beit warnings or bans, has been down to you simply dragging out your Tubridy vendetta any way you can in a Forum that isn't there to be used as a means of discussing the presenters, their personal lives or venting your dislike for them - That is not to say presenters can't be 'discussed' (In relation to their Radio SHOWS or how they 'present' their shows or general banter) but trying to paint them in a negative light or discussing their views or personal lives is clearly shown in the Charter multiple times as a No-Go area - And you persist on doing it, even after an already minor ban trying to disuade you from it.

Now you're calling it a Moderator Vendetta - I call it complete lack of consideration for the Charter and wasting people's time.

Yes it does, read the Charter - Then take note of the sheer 'amount' of negative comments you have made. The Mods have been quite patient, to be quite honest.

It goes directly against the Charter, which both I and the Mods have asked you to read multiple times.

No - It would not have. I'd go as far as to argue that you got off very lightly after being warned twice and yet still doing what you were asked not to do.

I won't be entertaining this ordeal any further, the decision stands. If you aren't satisfied with this decision, you can request an Admin to review this case instead.

Hi, Tubridy is giving his personal views on radio. He wants women to wear "a quality tick on their arse to show how many lovers they had" and said that he will visit a brothel next summer. I might not fit into these liberal, indecent times but I thought that I would be allowed air my views. I am only commenting on remarks he made in the public arena. This ban makes absolutely no sense. It hardly matters if I posted 100 positive or 100 negative messages about Tubs.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You've been given two opportunities to ask for an admin review and instead have chosen to keep arguing, so I'm going to draw a line under this: the ban is upheld. You're entitled to your own opinions, but you're not entitled to use this website as a soapbox for them in contravention of its rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement