Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Xbox 360 from Gamestop.

• 08-10-2013 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Bought a used 360 from gamestop over the weekend. Ordered it online. Came in the post this evening. Put in Halo Reach as it's the only game I had left over from the previous xbox. Got to the update screen and it got stuck here for about 5 minutes before i turned it off. Tried about 3-4 more times with the same result. Put in BLOPS 2 and same thing.

Kinda pissed now to be honest. Can i return it to any store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

Even with second hand consoles you have a warranty, 3 months I think, I would get it back sooner rather than later though, sounds like console powered down during an update and is cought in limbo if you know what I mean, but I think there is a button combo though to cancel any previous updates, I'm sure this could sort your problem, I think I read on here if memory serves, also you could download the latest update from Xbox site and try update through USB! Just a thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

ufc pro wrote: »
    Even with second hand consoles you have a warranty, 3 months I think, I would get it back sooner rather than later though, sounds like console powered down during an update and is cought in limbo if you know what I mean, but I think there is a button combo though to cancel any previous updates, I'm sure this could sort your problem, I think I read on here if memory serves, also you could download the latest update from Xbox site and try update through USB! Just a thought!

Thanks for the input but I just want a refund at this stage. Can I return it to any gamestop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Go straight to the shop. Anything bought online your entitled to a refund anyway.

Go straight to the shop. Anything bought online your entitled to a refund anyway.

Any gamestop store is ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Bought a used 360 from gamestop over the weekend. Ordered it online. Came in the post this evening. Put in Halo Reach as it's the only game I had left over from the previous xbox. Got to the update screen and it got stuck here for about 5 minutes before i turned it off. Tried about 3-4 more times with the same result. Put in BLOPS 2 and same thing.

Kinda pissed now to be honest. Can i return it to any store?
    Try clearing update cache before you return it, should fix the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Any gamestop store is ok?
    Try the shop you may have to post it back to them though. I don't know how they deal with it. I do know you can get a full refund right away no question as it was bought online. You can basically change your mind for anything purchased online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've returned online purchases to a gamestop store a number of times, no problems, there was one occasion where a new staff member wasn't so keen to take it back but I asked if he could check with someone and got it sorted that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Just go to the nearest store and they will refund you.

Sound for that lads.

So I went into my local gamestop to return the Xbox. Guy on the till says come back in 20 minutes as they have to test the Xbox to see if it works or not. If they don't see the same problem I found I'm only entitled to an exchange. If they find something wrong with it I'm only entitled to store credit or an exchange. Am I right in thinking that's complete bull?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

i think it is down to the store to give a refund or not, the fact that they are willing to exchange it covers them on there end!
    i know its bull but this happens all the time, 9 out of ten its an exchange! you could kick up in the shop and ask for the manager and so on and maybe you will get a different result, but id say an exchange is the best you are going to get! i think it goes first time a fix if possible,if not exchange, then refund!
    sorry man i know thats not what you want to hear!

Advertisement