Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Sound System setup

Options
  • 08-10-2013 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys,

firstly sorry if this is covered elsewhere or if it's in the wrong place etc but I couldn't find anything to match my query.... I recently moved into a new house and I am in the process of setting up an entertainment system. I have a nas device in place and have apple tv linked to the tv. I am looking to install a new sound system that can do a few things like play from apple tv/tv/wirelessly if possible and importantly to have the ability to connect a device such as android phone (iphone looked after with apple tv) or ipod (via aux)

Any suggestions for a piece of kit to suit all the above... I have looked at a samsung HT-F5500 which looks good as a home cinema setup and I could route most things through the tv. I also onsidered an AV receiver and pick up speakers with it but havn't a clue where to start looking for such a thing nor do I know much about them. I have been reading online but feel im getting nowhere..:confused:

Any advice/suggestions on the above would be greatly appreciated.. even a point in the right direction

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Hi , id talk to the guys in Richer sounds , My thoughts - AV receiver that you can route everything through , Good 5.1 speaker system with a decent active sub .. Typically the all in ones just wont compete with a separate system . Look for below but a lot will depend on Budget and what space you have

You can get a bluetooth adapter to stream from any Android device and as you say the apple TV will look after Iphone etc

Denon
    Onyko
    Pioneer Receivers

Speakers
    Monitor Audio
    Kef
    Wharfadale

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

Hi buddy i am an AV installer 15 years in the business. If your really after a nice system build it from the ground up dont bother buying the crap in the shops its noting but pure tripe.start with a decent amp a Yamaha amp would be great then go for a 5.1setup a good centre is a must i have a jbl mr centre and it would rip the head of you on its own i then have a pair of Bose 301s for the rears a pair of jbl control 25s for the front and then a powered bin for sub . So all thats set up i then have many options for docks and inputs to make things handy . If your stuck feel free to send a message to me . Most important use 79 strand speaker cable and hide under flooring or in walls it will stand the test of time and give you no trouble at all .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

Cheers for the replies! sorry it took so long to reply but I will check out both recommendations!

thanks!

Advertisement