Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Lessons In Soll Austria

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am just wondering does anyone have a contact for private ski lessons in Soll Austria?
    I can get some through ski schule but they are quite expensive & the tour operators only cater for beginners with a min of 3 days lessons which I don't want. I just want day 1 private lesson for 2 people to get improve technique.
    Any details greatly appreciated. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Phoeb wrote: »
    Hi,

I am just wondering does anyone have a contact for private ski lessons in Soll Austria?
    I can get some through ski schule but they are quite expensive & the tour operators only cater for beginners with a min of 3 days lessons which I don't want. I just want day 1 private lesson for 2 people to get improve technique.
    Any details greatly appreciated. :)

Hi Phoeb!

Is it your first time to Soll, it's a great resort!! Do you have much ski experience?! The ski school is really good, if the private lessons are too expensive that's prob your best bet. I don't know how much you planned to pay for private lessons, but €58 ph is actually pretty reasonable?! And there's no minimum number required, you just book what you want. Here's the link to the lesson section of the main ski school- enjoy!! :-)
    http://www.skischule-soell.com/skischule-ski-school-snowboard-soll-skiwelt-wilder-kaiser-tirol-austria-en/15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Try getting in touch with Lenny Carroll out there, he is an ex topflight rep and is married to a VERY Famous local!!!

http://www.bergviewhaus.com

solltirol@facebook.com

Jaysis, does Lenny know you're pimping him out on boards.ie??! Lol ;-)

fannymagee: I have never heard him give out about a free plug!

Lol! No comment :-)

Anyway OP I'll be out there for most of the season, give me a shout if you need help with anything :-)

• Advertisement

With the exception of Hohe Salve everything in the ski welt is under 1700m, that makes it incredibly prone to weather(Temp rises) and bad snow. The problem with the ski welt is if the weather is bad it tends to be bad across all of ot with no easily accessible glacier back up.

Soll is what it is a decent beginners resort with mild terrain and one of the worst snow records in the alps It's average in mid Feb is 159 at top and 80-90 at bottom which is about 1/2 the average of say Mayrhofen

There is a reason the have near 100% coverage with cannons in thee ski welt it's because their snow record is so poor. Snow making is expensive and resource intensive for resorts and they don't do it unless they have too.

Fattes: Think you may have posted this on the wrong thread ;-)

OOPS So I did, hyperlink brought me here!!! :(

Phoeb what dates are you going? If it's a quiet week I might be able to help you out. Let me know :-)

Advertisement