Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oct 22 - Apple iPad event

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

HOW MUCH FOR THE MAC PRO ALREADY?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Stream is terrible

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

murpho999 wrote: »
    Could price drops be the theme of the day?

Cheaper iPad 5 maybe?

The non-Retina iPad Mini maybe. But otherwise doubtful. The Retina MBPs have been dropping in price with every refresh in order to replace the old MBPs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

They all seem to be tongue tied today :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The non-Retina iPad Mini maybe. But otherwise doubtful. The Retina MBPs have been dropping in price with every refresh in order to replace the old MBPs.

I wonder, everything has dropped so far, even the pro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

3 grand jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,926 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm not a mac person but I fell on love with that trashcan of a mac pro months ago. I think its smart and sexy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Did they mention if the 15" MBPs are thinner as well, or only the 13"?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wonder will they build the mac pro in Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Had a few bad freezing gaps in the stream just there which means i'm a little behind of the updates now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

fjon wrote: »
    Did they mention if the 15" MBPs are thinner as well, or only the 13"?

Only the 13-inch, which was previously a bit thicker than the 15-inch. I assume they are both about the same now.

Stream I am using think they are Sky News and have breaking news that new iPad will

Be available in gold
    Have finger sensor
    Mini will have retina display
    Will ship at end of month.

Let's see.

I hope these iWork/iLife updates are free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

stream has got real bad now! some of the updates so far have been top quality

Serously, do people really use Garage Band, they show it every bloody year!

I hope these iWork/iLife updates are free.

Surely they have to be since they now made iWork and two of the iLife apps free. Plus it seems mostly a design overhaul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Mr.S wrote: »
    It is a beast though, and will last years.

I want one yesterday!

DubDJ wrote: »
    Surely they have to be since they now made iWork and two of the iLife apps free. Plus it seems mostly a design overhaul.

They are only free for new iPhone/iPad owners. But hopefully...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Serously, do people really use Garage Band, they show it every bloody year!
    I know lots of people who do. I'm looking forward to having Session Drummer, until now it has only been available with Logic.

He mentioned 64bit and then said iPhone or iPad so it'll definitely be a 64bit chip in the new iPad.

• Advertisement

iLIfe is Free on new iOS devices.

They seem to think it's iChristmas.

He didn’t mention a price, so I assume they are free update for people who already purchased them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

pedatron wrote: »
    3 grand jaysus

Starting at 3 grand. Hopefully they'll have a fuller set of prices on the applestore after this bunfight. The spec/price permutations are going to be pretty convoluted. Good thing the OS is free, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Mavericks is Free and available today!

Wow, hence the title.

Cool! Wasn't expecting it to be free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

:eek: There's a disruption in the Matrix

This collobartion feature in iWork looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RAnnaC

Does anyone predict discontinuation of the iPad 2? Been meaning to order one for weeks in case it was discontinued today and the day crept up on me! think I should order one on amazon before they disappear?

This is my type of announcement, lots of Free stuff and all of it ready to download today.

RAnnaC wrote: »
    Does anyone predict discontinuation of the iPad 2? Been meaning to order one for weeks in case it was discontinued today and the day crept up on me! think I should order one on amazon before they disappear?

Why on earth would you want an iPad 2?

It won't be able to keep up with future developments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 RAnnaC

Why on earth would you want an iPad 2?

It won't be able to keep up with future developments.

Price mainly!

Advertisement