Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oct 22 - Apple iPad event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

damn i want that mini already..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

will there be anything on Apple TV ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

One more thing…?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

DubDJ wrote: »
    Apple still selling the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is just perplexing to me. I can only imagine it's down to profit margins.

The 4S is confusing - as I would prefer the 5c at that price range. The iPad 2 makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Looks like the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

That's Bryan Cranston doing the the Ad it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Is it just me or did it sound like Bryan Cranston doing that voiceover? ;)

Edit: beat me to it DubDJ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Is it just me or did it sound like Bryan Cranston doing that voiceover? ;)

No I think it was Heisenberg.

Good stuff on Ipad.

Was expecting more exciting stuff on the covers though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

DubDJ wrote: »
    That's Bryan Cranston doing the the Ad it not?

Yea I thought that too.

I think I would just buy a mini instead of an iPad 2. Can't understand them not discontinuing that and making the 4 the cheaper model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Definitely excited about the ipad mini with retina!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Chromecast-9525.jpg

That's an awful looking yoke!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Lads when is the iPad air on sale? Looks the part I missed the launch date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did they say if battery life etc was the same on the Retina Mini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Did they say if battery life etc was the same on the Retina Mini?

10 hours is what they said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Lads when is the iPad air on sale? Looks the part I missed the launch date.

Next Friday...

I was actually very impressed by todays keynote. Im usually a little disappointed with apply launches. I have the current generation Macbook Pro and I have to resist the urge to buy the new one.

Im definitely buying the new iPad Air...

Irish store is back up. iPad Air starts at €489, down from 509.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

shanec1928 wrote: »
    10 hours is what they said

I have a Mini since last year. Absolutely brilliant device. Dont know would I dump it for a retina display because, at that size, the difference will be negligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Will the iWork and iLife updates be free for people who have already purchased them? Or just people who buy new devices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

iPad Air and Retina Mini both look sexy.
    Problem now is which to get, with the Air being lighter, thinner and the smaller bezel there isnt as much between them size wise anymore.

Cant understand how anyone would buy the iPad 2 at those prices.

Only a 90 euro difference between them.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Stream held up really well on safari on iPad on mobile wifi.

Nothing surprising in the announcements due to all the leaks, but a solid set of steps forward on all the products.

iPad air weight and size saving along with the power enhancements makes it a worthwhile update, while iPad mini update to retina alone makes it also worthwhile.

The fact they are keeping old products in the range props up the price of older units too, assuming availability is ok, I'll be moving from retina iPad to iPad air and iPad mini to iPad mini with retina before the end if the year. The only thing to check out really is whether the iPads air new size and weight make it more of a reasonable every day carry item to replace the mini for that purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Mac Pro prices up - an extra €100 over the dollar price per the two specced versions. No keyboard or mouse included, which is bit scabby, given the outlay.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

7upfree wrote: »
    I have a Mini since last year. Absolutely brilliant device. Dont know would I dump it for a retina display because, at that size, the difference will be negligible.

Don't think that's true at all, I constantly notice the poorer display on the mini compared to the iPad with retina or MacBook Pro.

DylanII wrote: »
    Next Friday...

I was actually very impressed by todays keynote. Im usually a little disappointed with apply launches. I have the current generation Macbook Pro and I have to resist the urge to buy the new one.

November 1st is not next Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

murpho999 wrote: »
    November 1st is not next Friday.

Yes it is

THIS Friday is the 25th

NEXT Friday Is The 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

DylanII wrote: »
    Next Friday...

With a launch so close after a keynote they must have plenty in supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Some great announcements there: Free Mavericks, iWork and iLife is a great bonus for new/existing customers. A start of a possible phase-out of the regular MacBooks?? Air and Retina took centre stage - cheaper price point of the Retina MacBook makes it even more compelling. iPad Air (although the name is a bit obvious) looks very nice, especially paired with iOS7. iPad Mini priced $100 below the iPad Air, not sure if it's enough? Given how the size and weight decrease of the full sized iPad, the Mini isn't as tempting anymore.

And the cheery on top, an (audio) appearance of Bryan Cranston! :D Bit raged that nothing was said about the Apple TV, maybe an announced software update may be pushed?

I feel the Mac range has been generating my attention more in recent years, rather than the iPhone/iPad range. The innovation that goes into the Mac Pro, MacBook Air, Retina MacBook etc seems to be making more of a push, and always surprises me. Even the software, there is always some nice additions and tweaks, well worth the previous €30 price tag. And now it's free!

Regular MacBooks are now gone except for the base 13-inch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sold on the mini retina. very very slight (0.05 of an inch) thicker. but it's now first class hardware and not a year old hardware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

mavericks is in the app store now

Advertisement