Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oct 22 - Apple iPad event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

How much do you think the iPad 4 will drop to, now? I'm preferring that over the new Air, I like the large bezel (unlike most) as it gives some space for your thumb.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The iPad 4 is discontinued. You'll have to buy it from a reseller while they still have stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Going to make my new iPad purchase from the UK Apple Online Store

Base prices:

iPad Air 16GB: €470 (€489 on Apple IE)

iPad Mini with Retina Display 16GB: €375 (€399 on Apple IE)

Don't know which one I'm going to go for yet though. Was planning on the iPad Mini but the iPad Air for €470 is tempting too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Missing was 7.1. I know it doesn't need an announcement but I assumed it would be bundled in.

I don't care about iPads. I am going to give my iPad 3 away. I use a MacBook at home and an iPhone to travel. The iPad makes no sense if you have to travel with a MacBook for work, as I do.

an Apple TV, Another year gone on that one.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Get the retina, you will notice the resolution on the mini if you use retina on any other device.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Missing was 7.1. I know it doesn't need an announcement but I assumed it would be bundled in.

I don't care about iPads. I am going to give my iPad 3 away. I use a MacBook at home and an iPhone to travel. The iPad makes no sense if you have to travel with an iPad for work, as I do.

7.0.3 is out. It's a bit early for 7.1. I'd expect it early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Was there always such a massive difference in price between the us and Irish stores?! I've never noticed it before but I'm pretty gobsmacked by it now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

augusta24 wrote: »
    Was there always such a massive difference in price between the us and Irish stores?! I've never noticed it before but I'm pretty gobsmacked by it now

Yes, when you take into account or vat rate it closes the gap considerably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

My cousin is offering me her ipad 3rd generation 64gb wifi for €400, wonder should I hold off now for a refurb 4th generation do you think prices will drop on refurbs or new in store now? Or should I go for the new mini? Will be using for surfing net, watching programmes and will be typing emails on it too, oh and posting on boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭kayser

Hey guys.

Do you know how long it takes for compub to get these devices after they are announced?

I am interested in the MBP 15".

I know I can order online but i usually have problems receiving deliveries.

7.0.3 is out. It's a bit early for 7.1. I'd expect it early next year.

Well I meant the next release. But thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really, really disappointed with the price increase of the iPad Mini. I was all set to move from the first Nexus 7 to the new iPad Mini but at 489 euros for the 32gb version, I'm going to get the new Nexus 7 for nearly 200 euro less.

Can't believe they didn't keep it in line with the original pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

I don't care about iPads. I am going to give my iPad 3 away. I use a MacBook at home and an iPhone to travel. The iPad makes no sense if you have to travel with a MacBook for work, as I do.

Down to personal preference, really. I travel with both, and tend to use the iPad a lot. Wouldn't really get out my MacBook on a bus/train, whereas I'd happily surf away or watch a movie on the iPad. Even in the hotel, I would surf on my iPad more, as well as use it for FaceTime / skype.

I only really use my MacBook for things that require a physical keyboard / bigger screen like writing code or using photoshop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Although I'm an Android used and I will remain one, it will be interesting to see what crApple comes up with. Hopefully something to help increase competition.

Edit: Is the event already over? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Going to make my new iPad purchase from the UK Apple Online Store

Base prices:

iPad Air 16GB: €470 (€489 on Apple IE)

iPad Mini with Retina Display 16GB: €375 (€399 on Apple IE)

Don't know which one I'm going to go for yet though. Was planning on the iPad Mini but the iPad Air for €470 is tempting too.

What's the story warranty wise from the UK? Would you have to contact their UK customer care and post it to the UK in case of repairs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Have MBP 15 retina, noticed the screen flickers from time to time. Have read up that apple are not going to recall any saying it might be a software issue and not a hardware problem . I wonder will this new Maverick iOS sort it? Hmm. Downloading now, shall wait n see I suppose.

Anyone else that has a MBP retina got any flicker issues?

Watched the event...
    As always with crApple it seems it's just the same old stuff, just thinner.
    Also, really disappointed with those prices. Wonder when it will be released here.

Although I'm an Android used and I will remain one, it will be interesting to see what crApple comes up with. Hopefully something to help increase competition.

Edit: Is the event already over? :o

WOW! Did you invent the crApple nomenclature. Genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

crApple? What are you, ten? I bet you spell Microsoft with the dollar sign too, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Is literally the only difference between the Mini and Air now the screen size? I see they both use the A7, but it's not clear if the clock speed and ram are the same across models...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

copacetic wrote: »
    Don't think that's true at all, I constantly notice the poorer display on the mini compared to the iPad with retina or MacBook Pro.

There is an iPad 3 and an iPad mini in our house. TBH the difference is negligible. And we use a 27" iMac as our main computer. So we can compare.....

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

Watched the event...
    Also, really disappointed with those prices. Wonder when it will be released here.

You watched it in 22 minutes? Was an hour and a half long when I watched it earlier.

All is not what it seems.

Watched the event...

There's always one.......:rolleyes:

7upfree wrote: »
    There is an iPad 3 and an iPad mini in our house. TBH the difference is negligible. And we use a 27" iMac as our main computer. So we can compare.....

Some people swear by the retina difference. Some people see nothing. I see nothing

Some people swear by the retina difference. Some people see nothing. I see nothing

Yep. Agree 100%. On a very large screen yes. On a 7" screen absolutely not.

boreder wrote: »
    You watched it in 22 minutes? Was an hour and a half long when I watched it earlier.

All is not what it seems.

Yup, you don't need to watch the full thing just the best best bits :) Or worst depending on how you look at it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Herrick wrote: »
    What's the story warranty wise from the UK? Would you have to contact their UK customer care and post it to the UK in case of repairs?

Same as buying in Ireland. I've bought my last 3 phones up in Belfast and warranty issues sorted through my house in Dublin with the standard phone call to apple support.

• Advertisement

One thing I did like about the event however is that they made Mavericks as a free download rather than being a separate paid update. Good to see that that's the way it seems to be going.

Advertisement