Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early cancellation fee on basic home phone service ???

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Elderly relative now gone to nursing home. Family have been cancelling services at home. Cancelled phone  .... bill arrived ... about 40 euro but with 'early cancellation fee plus vat'  bill now 200 euro. I have never heard of an early cancellation fee for a standard home phone (no mobile or b/band) service. How would this happen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Claggan wrote: »
    Elderly relative now gone to nursing home. Family have been cancelling services at home. Cancelled phone  .... bill arrived ... about 40 euro but with 'early cancellation fee plus vat'  bill now 200 euro. I have never heard of an early cancellation fee for a standard home phone (no mobile or b/band) service. How would this happen.
    Hi Claggan

It could be the case where a package was on the account which enters the account in to a 12 month contract from when the day the package in applied.

It could also be the case where a 30 day notification of cease of services was not supplied.

If you would like to PM me the account number I'll do my best to clarify this for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement