Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allsop Auction

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Never attended one of these before, but may have to next week.
    Looking for some info on the format, specifically, is there an opportunity to ask a question or make a query about a lot before auctioneer begins auction?
    This is not some info which is available in the legal documents. My solicitor tells me to clarify a matter (for my benefit, and other potential bidders) before bidding on the lot, and says he thinks there will be such an opportunity offered to the floor before bidding commences.
    Just want to ensure that such an opportunity exists, and I won't have to make a fool or nuisance of myself, which I would be reluctant to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

No chance , no how no way.

Auctioneer calls the lot, quick description and invites bids, as per usual auction etiquete.

Expect heavier security this time though after the last one got broke up.....:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

As per above- no questions at the auction- viewings (if any) are detailed in the prospectus. If you decline the viewing- you're bidding blind (which some people do- but its not a good idea). Viewings tend to be on a strict timetable- the agents Allsop use could be doing viewings in Cork in the morning and Dublin in the afternoon- so you have to keep time on your viewings- and if you want a survey done, bring the surveyor with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Thanks guys. Will have to approach it differently I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Just got an email from them, you now need to register plus pay a deposit of €200 which most of it is refundable (you have to pay an administration fee).

I have now unsubscribed from their site. They can keep their properties.

Pay to go to an auction? I don't think so. :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its an effective way to keep hecklers outside.......
    Most of it is refundable- so if you are interested, its just a ticket to get in the door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Does this not happen with most auctions, you have to buy the catalogue to gain access?
    Making it 200 quid means that you only end up with those willing to bid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Scortho wrote: »
    Does this not happen with most auctions, you have to buy the catalogue to gain access?
    Making it 200 quid means that you only end up with those willing to bid.

As distinct from tyre kickers and hecklers

Advertisement