Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-social behaviour

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

I live across the road from a carpark with steps up from it onto the street.
    Unfortunately the teens from elsewhere in town have been congregating on the steps over the last few months. There's an off-licence a minute walk away so they're boozing shouting and generally doing what you would expect of wasters.there was even the obligatory pair of runners over a power cable-just like the wire!

I've rang the cops who in fairness shoo them off on occasion, but it's not illegal so they can't be arrested or formally warned. Afaik they can tell the cops to get lost and there's nothing the law can do.

Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How badly lit is the area? Teenagers sometimes dislike well lit areas where people can see what they are doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

It's well lit with street lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Barry Manilow on a speaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

There is a frequency only teenagers can hear and it drives them mad so they leave the area. As far as I remember they use it in Shopping Centres in England.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There was a thread here a couple of months ago with some good ideas
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056993929&page=5

• Advertisement
Advertisement