Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deerpark area in Ashbourne

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi lads,

I'm currently looking to relocate to Ashbourne and was looking at detached properties, there is a very interesting one in Deerpark. I just had a quick go on Google maps and right behind the house there seems to be a walk along the river from where access to the back garden seems pretty simple and graffiti's, waste, stacks of wood boards etc. show some signs of "activity". I'm afraid that's the downside of the property.

Could any of ye tell me more about the area? Is there any reason to overworry? Level of noise? What's in that gated area right across (something looking like a small military camp..).

Thanking you very much.

D. McGuinness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

i'm not too sure what that river walk is like nowadays, but a few years back it used to be a mecca for teenagers, boozing and messing. Nothing major but a real nuisance for residents.

As for the 'military' type complex; I would imagine that that is the entrance to the sewerage works; years back we used to call the second road in Deerpark 'Sh1te House View' ... i'm not too sure what the smells and aromas are like these days.

Other than that is is quite a nice part of ashbourne, close to bus stop, community centre, school and very walkable to the village.

Advertisement