Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information systems management degree

Options
  • 08-10-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help.

I have a BA degree in information systems management.
    I am sponsored on a 457 as database administrator.

I would like to apply for my PR independent of my company.

Do I need to get my skills assessed as a database administrator through acs or can I choose a different skill with acs?

Has anyone had any similar experience?

There is an ict project manager on the sol list and I'm just wondering if I could get my skill assessed as this. Do I need experience in ict project management?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Indepentant PR is completely separate to 457, you can apply to have you skills assessed under any job. As long as you are successful, you can proceed to apply for PR under that title.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Hi Mellor,

Thanks.

According to the ANZCO codes i studied some of the modules in ICT Project Management but not all.
    Do you think this would have an impact.

It states in the description:

Examples of units undertaken in higher education qualifications:
    Management Information System, Business Information Systems, Quality Management, Project Management,[/\ Information System Risk and Security, system Acquisition, System Implementation, System Integration, Enterprise Architecture.

The highlighted ones were all modules that i studied.
    Do yout think you would need to have studied all of them?

Sorry i am just so determined to get my own PR.

Also do you need experience in the role? i have database administrator experience for 1.5 years and 3 years as an information administrator.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Why don't you apply as a database admin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've no experience of ICT, databases or information systems management. So not really in a position to say what your chances might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

@Zambia

Database admin is only on the CSOL so i cannot do that without my company which i am trying to avoid.

@Mellor

I completely understand. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement