Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Kilkenny/ events guide: proposed change.

Options
  • 08-10-2013 11:31pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for feedback on the following, I might have proposed this before and completely forgot about it. I'm proposing to unsticky the current two threads and create a new sticky Entitled Local Information (see first post) and events. I would like the first post to have a list of local attractions,hotels, pubs, restaurants, clubs, societies etc.... with links. If someone has something they'd like to put up, you write the name of the attraction, hyperlink it and then I come along, copy and paste it into the original thread and delete your post. If you're informing about an upcoming event, I leave that alone. What do ye think?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

If you don't mind me saying so; your comment is sexist, "Hi Guy's".
    What about those who are not guy's? Or do we take that Guy's takes in the opposite sex as well, clarification needed.
    Foxy confused>

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

What about those who are not guy's? Or do we take that Guy's takes in the opposite sex as well, clarification needed.
    Foxy confused>

How is it being sexist..?In this day and age "guys" means people of both sexes.
    Example..Girlfriend and myself are in a restaurant and the waitress is taking our order,she says "So what can I get you guys to eat..?"

Is my girlfriend offended..? Not in the slightest.

"Guys" is a common term for groups of people in the year 2013.

I think you are taking offence where none was intended.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Foxy confused>

kcdww.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Foxy confused>

Don't mind them Foxy, you're dead right. He should have started the post with;

'Well Lads'

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

The Whileaways are in Cleeres tomorrow night (Thursday) at about 9 bells. Well worth a look.

https://www.facebook.com/events/188191784699011/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

• Advertisement
Advertisement