Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Primary Maths Teaching opportunities

Options
  • 09-10-2013 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have a few questions about completing a H Dip in education. I am a qualified accountant (ACA) and did a degree that should allow me to teach maths and economics (listed on the Teaching council website). However I am still very nervous to take the leap and spend all my savings/get into debt to return to study as all I hear is negative info about teaching opportunities in Ireland.

Is it as bad as they say? worse? Or due to having maths and accounting would I be in a better position than most? I know there are plenty of opportunities in the UK for teaching particularly Maths but I have been working in Oz (in accounting) and would really want to go home for good.

I have always wanted to do teaching, somehow took a turn into accountancy (for the money mostly) but have realised that it's not worth it and its best to do something you would enjoy but I obviously have to be realistic at the same time.

Any advice would be really welcome!

Comments

Advertisement