Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglars Lucan

Options
  • 09-10-2013 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just a warning to anyone living in the Lucan area. Please lock away anything of value.

My mams house was robbed on Sunday. Took a lot of jewellery and cash. My mam is devastated. Cash can be replaced but Jewellery not and of massive sentimental value.

Most likely a man and woman in a 98D car. The woman appears to be the driver. The man had white gloves and pink or corel hoodie on (obviously can change his clothes but stood out a mile).

They also did a couple of houses in the estate (we live near St. Marys church) but have been going all around Lucan. Guards said over 95 houses in Hillcrest/Superquinn area had been done in the last year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RunDMC

Another break-in the Larkfield estate last night, not more details as yet.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Dreadful and I just saw a post on Facebook about bogus furniture delivery people calling on houses in Tallaght sussing these out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Any idea what sort of car they're in ? I see a few strange motors around, most likely pretending to be lost in the various cul-de-sacs around here.

Most normal people don't need to go to the end of each leg of the street before deciding to three-point-turn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

missmyler wrote: »
    They also did a couple of houses in the estate (we live near St. Marys church) but have been going all around Lucan. Guards said over 95 houses in Hillcrest/Superquinn area had been done in the last year

I wonder is that because they look like oldish houses around Hillcrest/opposite Tesco, so the standard window/door security wouldn't be as good as others built within the last 10-15 years.

That area is only about 1km from Lucan Garda station, but then again there may not be a correlation between distance to the Garda station and their response time.

Distance to the Garda Station makes no difference. Look at the shootings that took place around the corner from Ronanstown.

Age of house won't make a difference either.

And if you see somebody acting sus in an area call the Gardaí. Get the reg if you can. They may not get to stop them but if something does happen then at least they can look into the car.

Also watch for the dodgy sponsored walks/etc. Good way of checking which house is occupied and who is living where. Again, call the Gardaí if unsure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

seems to be loads of reports of this blonde woman and man going round ballyfermot too... varies from black ford focus to a 10 kk XXX red hiace van. Also reports of a silver van with advertising for furniture on the side suspiciously going door to door

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Also reports of a silver van with advertising for furniture on the side suspiciously going door to door

That's the van that was seen in Tallaght also.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

seems to be loads of reports of this blonde woman and man going round ballyfermot too... varies from black ford focus to a 10 kk XXX red hiace van. Also reports of a silver van with advertising for furniture on the side suspiciously going door to door

The one in Lucan was definitely a 98D. Have seen the stories about the silver furniture vans but different crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

A young traveller jumped out of a white van today and called to our house, asking the girlfriend if we wanted our pavement cleaned.

I've a security cam, and it looks like they only stopped outside our house :eek:
    Looks like a white Ford transit (open to correction) with a roof rack and double set of ladders.

I've footage of the teen/child who called to the door but won't publish that, only the shots of the van.

275935.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭emo72

2 or 3 houses done or attempted in weston in the last few days. one guy driving and 2 lads jumping the walls to get in. the other half was driving by when she saw them jump out of the garden and hop into an old honda and speed away. they are getting more brazen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement