Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas gift for the woman who has everything. .

• 09-10-2013 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

My wife is hard to buy for at the best of times but this year I'm determined to get her something she'll love ..So post your ideas here.. The only restriction is the item must be realistic and easily accessible to all...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

You'll have to be a bit more specific on what are her likes & dislikes & whether she likes you to spend big or small...... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

washiskin wrote: »
    You'll have to be a bit more specific on what are her likes & dislikes & whether she likes you to spend big or small...... :)

Shall we say 200-250 , likes hand bags purses, jewellery etc...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Does she have a digital photo frame?

If not and fill it with her favourite pictures of ye two, family and friends.

You can get some really nice looking one and its really thoughtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The best thing for someone who has everything.....................a strong antibiotic

King Krib wrote: »
    Shall we say 200-250 , likes hand bags purses, jewellery etc...

On a serious note, a good quality leather handbag, you cant go wrong, look after it and it will last a lifetime. Stay away from the branded bling ****, I can suggest a brand or two if you want

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    On a serious note, a good quality leather handbag, you cant go wrong, look after it and it will last a lifetime. Stay away from the branded bling ****, I can suggest a brand or two if you want

Yeah please do. Just stick them in a pm if you'd prefer. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jr22

If it's that kind of thing you're after, quality design and leather, this could be right up your alley.

http://chesneaubags.com/index.html

My wife is from Kilkenny so we've called in there once on the way through Bennettsbridge. Really nice stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

If your limit is 200/250 would you not get her say a bag for 100, perfume, small earrings and a bath set or chocolates? I don't know about your wife, but I'd rather a few small ones than a big one. I'd say most of my female friends would say the same. Makes you feel spoilt even though it's the same amount of money if you get me?

Love2love wrote: »
    If your limit is 200/250 would you not get her say a bag for 100, perfume, small earrings and a bath set or chocolates? I don't know about your wife, but I'd rather a few small ones than a big one. I'd say most of my female friends would say the same. Makes you feel spoilt even though it's the same amount of money if you get me?

I rather have a big one than a few small ones

Love2love wrote: »

I hear what you're saying but the price was only a guide really. I'd have a bit of scope either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

If you want to get a handbag it would be good to decide if you want to go for a clutch (evening going out bag) or a daytime bag.
    Then you could look at what she has at the moment and go for a similar shape style in a new colour/ print/ texture.

I find a lot of girls have a type of bag they tend to go for with a similar size, strap type, bling/ leather etc.

Other stocking filler ideas could be a nice wallet, umbrella, canvas shopper, bag.
    Here's are some from radley
    http://www.radley.co.uk/accessories/
    But you could get some idea of things she likes from the brands of bags she has now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

If she's into jewellery you can't go far wrong with a bit of Tiffany. Something about a bit of bling wrapped in those gorgeous blue boxes.
    They have a setting for price range on the website. Worth a look

http://www.tiffany.ie/

Advertisement