Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headford Rd roundabout - what are they doing?

Options
  • 09-10-2013 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Is it me or did they replace the big roundabout near Tescos with a smaller roundabout? Surely that's not going to stay like that. That would just be silly.

Does anyone know? Is there an artist's rendering somewhere of what these shenanigans will play out as?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

There's a huge thread on it in the city forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056435055

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

It, along with the rest of the roundabouts on the N6 are being converted to signalised junctions. Last one to do after Tesco is Menlo Park, but planning issues mean it'll be a while before that starts. Briarhill, Ballybane and Flemings roundabouts all done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

lyda wrote: »
    Is it me or did they replace the big roundabout near Tescos with a smaller roundabout? Surely that's not going to stay like that. That would just be silly.

Does anyone know? Is there an artist's rendering somewhere of what these shenanigans will play out as?

They are getting rid of the roundabout and putting in traffic lights, like they did out in Briarhill etc...

What's going on out in Kilcolgan actually? They are doing some works on the road for god knows how long...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Sofa King wrote: »

What's going on out in Kilcolgan actually? They are doing some works on the road for god knows how long...

They are doing bridge remedial works on the bridges over the Dunkellin River. Not sure if they are fixing the original structure or putting in new box culverts. Road was stripped back and looked like new culverts when I was passing. They are taking their sweet ass time about it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

They are doing bridge remedial works on the bridges over the Dunkellin River. Not sure if they are fixing the original structure or putting in new box culverts. Road was stripped back and looked like new culverts when I was passing. They are taking their sweet ass time about it alright

Yeah I assumed it was something to do with the bridge, but by god you're right, they are taking forever!!

• Advertisement

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    It, along with the rest of the roundabouts on the N6 are being converted to signalised junctions. Last one to do after Tesco is Menlo Park, but planning issues mean it'll be a while before that starts. Briarhill, Ballybane and Flemings roundabouts all done already.

The one over the bridge at the hospital is part of the project also

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lyda

Regarding the Kilcolgan one, they've been doing that on either side of Headford as well. It looks like they're putting in a new... tunnel-like thing... on the Shrule and Galway sides of Headford. The lights for Galway one were out the other morning which was interesting. I do wish they'd finish but it looks like weeks to go yet.

Thanks for the links to the City thread on the Headford Rd roundabout. Glad to know the mini-roundabout is temporary. It's pretty hellish so hoping they're right about the now-three-weeks-to-go schedule.

Advertisement