Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recognition of UNISA Degrees??

Options
  • 09-10-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

Am looking to start a degree in education in The University Of South Africa (UNISA), it is an online degree course and has come highly recommended to me from a few people. However I am just wondering if anybody has any other experience and if anyone would know if their degrees are internationally recognised?

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have to ask why you would consider a degree from an institution in South Africa?

Especially in the area of education, there are a vast number of institutes both in Ireland and the UK that would offer similar courses (I should point out that I am studying education in an UK university and I have done a lot of research in the area).

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bcasey7

Hi Tom,

Thanks for you reply. In relation to your question why UNISA, I am 31 years old and they offer a 3 yr degree course which is done online so this would allow me to work while studying while also completing my degree a bit sooner. Would you recommend it or do you know anything about it.

Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

bcasey7 wrote: »
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for you reply. In relation to your question why UNISA, I am 31 years old and they offer a 3 yr degree course which is done online so this would allow me to work while studying while also completing my degree a bit sooner. Would you recommend it or do you know anything about it.

Tnx

No, I don't know anything about it, I'm afraid.

Can I ask why you chose Education? (Loaded question :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aine2dublin

I am curious to which institutions in Ireland offer similar online courses? I haven't found any...

Advertisement