Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility check Cork

Options
  • 09-10-2013 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone used this company and what has their experience been.

Have been ttc for 12 months with no luck.

Im not sure whether to go back to my Gp (who told me to try for 12 months!) or to go to this crowd.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

you can give this place a try

http://www.corkfertilitycentre.com

when you say 12 months, within that year did you try any kind of ovulation kits to see where you.

if i was you i would first go back to your GP, tell him he will more then likely give you Clomifene. if this does not work within a time frame i would go back again to your GP he will refer you to the Cork Fertility Center which is across the road from UCC.

by being referred by your doctor should cut some of the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Cork24 wrote: »
    you can give this place a try

http://www.corkfertilitycentre.com

when you say 12 months, within that year did you try any kind of ovulation kits to see where you.

if i was you i would first go back to your GP, tell him he will more then likely give you Clomifene. if this does not work within a time frame i would go back again to your GP he will refer you to the Cork Fertility Center which is across the road from UCC.

by being referred by your doctor should cut some of the cost

Thanks for this. Tried an ovulation kit for 2 months and while it did predict ovulation, it (or we!) didn't do the job so stopped using them.

Really appreciate the reply.

Oh aswell by going to your GP he should take bloods on the 21st Day of your First day of your period he can then tell by the bloods, your count level
    if they are right or wrong.

Also are you sure your parent has a sperm count, if i was you get onto your GP, ask him about referring your parent to the Cork Fertility Centre, he can bring in a sample or do one in a room inside the place your GP will then ring you within about 3 days later with the Sperm count.

All so with those Kits you should by right do the business for 4 days straight without fail.

Or what you could do, is after you period, do the business every second day, that way you can't miss the window, pregnancy can happen 2 days before on the day and 2 day after ovulation if i stand correct.

enjoy and hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭val444

We used fertilitycheck.ie, based between Victoria and Dennehy's Cross for a sperm analysis. I think it cost around 95 EUR and results were available within forty minutes. We did this in tandem with my blood tests, etc. with the GP.

I'd recommend it.

val444 wrote: »
    We used fertilitycheck.ie, based between Victoria and Dennehy's Cross for a sperm analysis. I think it cost around 95 EUR and results were available within forty minutes. We did this in tandem with my blood tests, etc. with the GP.

I'd recommend it.

Its Free if you go with http://www.corkfertilitycentre.com
    by getting Refereed by your doctor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aculife

We use them alot, and again great in that the you can have results in a few hours, otherwise, I think you need a G.P.s referral letter and may have to wait a few weeks for test appointment.

Advertisement