Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of Questions about Dromod

Options
  • 09-10-2013 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks,

I have a couple of questions about Dromod for anyone living there or near. I am thinking of buying a house there. I know it is a very quiet area and that is what we like. I think its a nice village and it is a handy trip to Carrick by rail and road.

Is is a good place for bringing up children? Is there many children around the town for making friends.

There is no schools in the village. What are the best local primary and secondary schools?

What actual broadband speeds are people getting in the village?

Any other issues that I should be aware of?

Any estates to avoid?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Yea Dromod is a lovely village obv very quiet so its good you don't mind that, its a great place for in kids in regards safety and there would be lots of kids living in and around the village.
    Annaduff national school is probably the closest but you also have Roosky, Mohill and Carrick schools near by, have not got a clue about the broadband but i know Roosky is not great for it.
    Theres no dodgy housing estates just a few quiet/unfinished ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I live a few miles outside of Dromod and couldn't give the village enough praise! It's a lovely quiet spot, with a huge sense of community.

The Copper Still and Cox's Steakhouse are the two local pubs, both have a great atmosphere and do fab food also! The harbour is a lovely area to walk around, or play a game of tennis. There's a lovely restaurant down there too, Harkins Bistro.

There's a playground in the centre of the village that children from both the village itself and the surrounding countryside frequent. The local kids go to Annaduff or Bornacoola primary schools, Annaduff being the slightly bigger of the two. The local secondary schools are in Carrick and Mohill.

I don't know about broadband in the village itself but choices for providers and speeds available are horrific at my house, which is about 3 miles away.

There's no issues or anything to warn you off the area. You may call me biased as I'm a local, but I absolutely love Dromod and it's surrounding area! If you have any other questions feel free to ask! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Thanks for your replies. It seems like a great little spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sonicstrav

I stay in Dromod...getting 1.8 to 2Mb art the moment but will be upgraded to super fibre broadband hopefully in July (the Roosky exchange will be upgraded) ...an Eircom engineer said it should be around 50Mb :)

Advertisement