Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridges of Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

people could be supported by the six back cables of the Samuel Beckett Bridge - a Croke Park full house.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Very informative and interesting site actually - hope they update to include other rivers and canals in the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

On a related note, I was on the Luas bridge at Spencer Dock and a tourist asked me what the bridge was called- I just said it had no name, was I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Good site the old photos showing the bridges and parts of the old skyline are cool. There was another site a few years where someone had gotten old pics of dublin and had taken photos from the same location in 2011 or 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Some of the photography is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Slightly o/t - I was intrigued to see an episode of Reeling in the Years a while back, which showed traffic coming out from behind the Customs House from northside - and there was no Matt Talbot Bridge there!

I just about remember it being built, I think traffic on the quays ran opposite directions at the time from now.

Looking forward to having a dig around the OP website, sounds very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Very informative and interesting site actually - hope they update to include other rivers and canals in the city

Seem to remember someone saying there are over 200 bridges in Dublin so it would be a massive undertaking. For that reason doing the Liffey bridges first makes sense. Site getting a lot of deserved publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

On a related note, I was on the Luas bridge at Spencer Dock and a tourist asked me what the bridge was called- I just said it had no name, was I wrong?

Spencer Dock Bridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

disapointing they haven't done the canals. not really bridges of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

A very interesting site.

Thanks to m0nsterie for posting it.

Cheers,

Ac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bluefinger wrote: »
    Build a bridge...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

In fairness they have to start somewhere, and as you can see from the site a huge amount of work has gone into each of the 23 bridges over the Liffey. It's a very high quality site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Feel free to do your own research, take your own photos, sort out your own web hosting and web pages. Just don't be surprised that someone will find a reason to moan about your creation. This is Ireland, after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Thanks for this op,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Esel wrote: »
    Build a bridge...
    :)
    m0nsterie wrote: »
    In fairness they have to start somewhere, and as you can see from the site a huge amount of work has gone into each of the 23 bridges over the Liffey. It's a very high quality site.
    agreed.
    Yakuza wrote: »
    Feel free to do your own research, take your own photos, sort out your own web hosting and web pages. Just don't be surprised that someone will find a reason to moan about your creation. This is Ireland, after all.
    Chill out . would love to see a website like this do well but cover the canals bridges too.

Advertisement