Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with NGB Broadband order - getting nowhere

Options
  • 09-10-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Can you please assist me with this as I'm getting quite frustrated by the lack of progress.

I placed an order on the 10th September to move back from Smart Telecom for the Eircom NGB Unlimited broadband and phone package (€35 per month for 1st 6 months and €50 thereafter).
    I received no communication during the next few days as I was told I would so I rang back on 13/10/2013 and was told there must have been a problem placing the order as there was no order on file.

I spent the next hour confirming all details and placing the order (during which I was told that there would be no outage to phone or broadband service - quote "you can use your old modem to keep your service until you receive the eircom one").

I rang for an order update on the 18th September and was told that my line would be over now and broadband would be another week (i.e. 25th September for broadband service).

I didn't receive any updates via text or email so I rang on the 2nd of October for an update to be told my line wasn't over and would now need an engineer visit to the home on the 8th of October to change the line.

With no notification I lost my broadband service on the 3rd October.

I rang Smart Telecom on the following and they confirmed I was no longer a customer.

I tried ringing your customer care department on 4th October and got cut off on 2 occasions while on hold waiting for an order update.

I rang back on Monday 7th October and was told my order shouldn't have taken so long so my order was being escalated and I would get a call back later that day with an update and the expected date for provision of broadband and modem to arrive was today 9th October.

This morning (9th October) I rang for an update as I have yet to receive a modem and / or call back with the update on my order.  It took me 5 attempts to get through to someone who could assist as I was cut off on 2 occasions while waiting to be connected to an agent and cut off another 2 times while being transfered. I was then told there was no order for broadband on my account and it would be placed again with an ETA of next Monday 14th October.

Is there any way this can be sped up as it will have taken a month to transfer my service and it was meant to be live 2 weeks ago ? I'm meant to be on call for work this weekend and can't do that without broadband which means it is now also costing me money as well as the inconvenience.

Thanks in advance.

<edit> PM sent with telephone number - I don't have an account number yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

V1llianous wrote: »
    Can you please assist me with this as I'm getting quite frustrated by the lack of progress.

I placed an order on the 10th September to move back from Smart Telecom for the Eircom NGB Unlimited broadband and phone package (€35 per month for 1st 6 months and €50 thereafter).
    I received no communication during the next few days as I was told I would so I rang back on 13/10/2013 and was told there must have been a problem placing the order as there was no order on file.

I spent the next hour confirming all details and placing the order (during which I was told that there would be no outage to phone or broadband service - quote "you can use your old modem to keep your service until you receive the eircom one").

I rang for an order update on the 18th September and was told that my line would be over now and broadband would be another week (i.e. 25th September for broadband service).

I didn't receive any updates via text or email so I rang on the 2nd of October for an update to be told my line wasn't over and would now need an engineer visit to the home on the 8th of October to change the line.

I rang Smart Telecom on the following and they confirmed I was no longer a customer.

I tried ringing your customer care department on 4th October and got cut off on 2 occasions while on hold waiting for an order update.

I rang back on Monday 7th October and was told my order shouldn't have taken so long so my order was being escalated and I would get a call back later that day with an update and the expected date for provision of broadband and modem to arrive was today 9th October.

This morning (9th October) I rang for an update as I have yet to receive a modem and / or call back with the update on my order.  It took me 5 attempts to get through to someone who could assist as I was cut off on 2 occasions while waiting to be connected to an agent and cut off another 2 times while being transfered. I was then told there was no order for broadband on my account and it would be placed again with an ETA of next Monday 14th October.

Is there any way this can be sped up as it will have taken a month to transfer my service and it was meant to be live 2 weeks ago ? I'm meant to be on call for work this weekend and can't do that without broadband which means it is now also costing me money as well as the inconvenience.

Thanks in advance.

Hi V1llianous

Thanks for your PM.

I have contacted broadband operations and discussed this situation. Operations have advised me that they will do their best to speed the process of enabling your line for broadband however they can't guarantee anything. I've asked them to keep me updated and as soon as I have an update I will be in touch with you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Thanks in advance.

Hi V1llianous

Thanks for your PM.

I have contacted broadband operations and discussed this situation. Operations have advised me that they will do their best to speed the process of enabling your line for broadband however they can't guarantee anything. I've asked them to keep me updated and as soon as I have an update I will be in touch with you.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks for that - can you check if a modem has been sent out yet.  If I can get that while waiting it would be great rather than having to wait once my line is done and adding in another delay.

I will PM you my work address and mobile number for delivery of the modem.

Thanks.

Thanks in advance.

Hi V1llianous

Thanks for your PM.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks for that - can you check if a modem has been sent out yet.  If I can get that while waiting it would be great rather than having to wait once my line is done and adding in another delay.

I will PM you my work address and mobile number for delivery of the modem.

Thanks.
    Hi V1llianous

I'm unable to check this as the order has just been placed today. It can take a couple of days for me to be able to see status of modem deliverys for new broadband orders but The modem is usually delivered within 3 to 5 days.

Thanks

Al

Hi Al,

Can you check this is progressing for me ?

Thanks.

Hi Al,

Can you check this is progressing for me ?

Thanks.
    Just replied by PM V1llianous

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

If there is an issue with capacity in the exchange this information should be notified when trying to place the order rather than the order being delayed indefinately.

If I'd known I would be without service for a substantial time I wouldn't have changed providers as I need it for work and unavailablity is costing me money now not just an inconvenience.

If there is an issue with capacity in the exchange this information should be notified when trying to place the order rather than the order being delayed indefinately.

If I'd known I would be without service for a substantial time I wouldn't have changed providers as I need it for work and unavailablity is costing me money now not just an inconvenience.
    HI V1llianous

I understand your point and I agree this should have been explianed when placing the order.

I would like to assure you that I will do all I can to offer you regular updates whilst pushing for a speedy resolution to this.

Thank you

Al

Hi Al,

Have you had a response from Broadband operations yet - in your PM to me on Friday you said you expected a response within 24 hours?

Can you also ask for an ETA for resolution of this as if it is going to be quite a while I may need to look at alternatives ?

V

Hi Al,

Have you had a response from Broadband operations yet - in your PM to me on Friday you said you expected a response within 24 hours?

V
    Hi V1llianous

Broadband operations have informed me that a port has been reserved and your line should be broadband enabled by the 18th of October (this coming Friday).

Thanks

Al

Thanks Al,

Can you see if the modem has been dispatched ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks Al,

Can you see if the modem has been dispatched ?
    Hi V1llianous

I checked the broadband order issued on the 11/10/13  - REF: 5381848CH It should be issued tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark - fingers crossed it all happens for the weekend so.

No problem.

We can track the order / modem and keep you posted.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Could you check if the modem is going out to my home / billing address or to the work address I sent by PM (and used for the first 3 orders I placed for broadband) ?

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Could you check if the modem is going out to my home / billing address or to the work address I sent by PM (and used for the first 3 orders I placed for broadband) ?

Thanks
    Hi V1llianous

The post out team confirmed it should be issued to the Spencer Dock address you PM'd us with.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks
    Hi V1llianous

The post out team confirmed it should be issued to the Spencer Dock address you PM'd us with.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks.

Has this been dispatched and if so is there a tracking number ?

Hi V1llianous

A track and trace number has not been generated by An Post for the modem as yet. There is an eircom post number - EIRP000374277 (not visible to An Post)

I will check again this afternoon for the track and trace number.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Any update on procuring the tracking number ?

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

Any update on procuring the tracking number ?

Thanks.
    Hi V1llianous

I have sent you a PM with the tracking number. It seems that An Post have the home address as the delivery address, despite us being advised it had been changed.

I have also sent on the number to contact An Post and hopefully they can re-direct it to the home address.

Mark

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tracking number via PM - will connect it as soon as I have it and hope for a connection on Friday

Thanks for the tracking number via PM - will connect it as soon as I have it and hope for a connection on Friday
    Let us know when you get the modem and I will follow up on the connection aspect.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Guys,

Collected the modem and connected it and I have a DSL signal already.

The speed is slower than usual at 7 Mbps instead of the previous 10 Mbps.  Could this be due to the fact I am meant to be having my line changed to a different port in the exchange on Friday?

Can you check what is still remaining on the order ?

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Thanks

Hi V1llianous

Thanks for getting back. Now the service is activated the maximum speed available is between 9 - 10MB download.  The minimum requirement for ADSL2+ is 12MB and above. So the speed has been set to the highest available 8MB profile.

Speed to the main socket:

Upload:

Synced at: 512kbps
    Provisioned: 128-512kbps

Download:

Synced at: 8160kbps
    Provisioned: 160-8192kbps

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks

Hi V1llianous

Thanks for getting back. Now the service is activated the maximum speed available is between 9 - 10MB download.  The minimum requirement for ADSL2+ is 12MB and above. So the speed has been set to the highest available 8MB profile.

Upload:

Download:

Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

When I placed my order I was told that my line would support up to 12 Mb which was one of the reasons I chose you as a provider.

I regularly achieved 10+ Mb download on my line so I know it can manage that.

I am completely confused by your comments "Now the service is activated the maximum speed available is between 9 - 10MB download" and ".... So the speed has been set to the highest available 8MB profile."

How can the highest speed available be 10 Mb download if you are setting an 8 Mb profile ?

V

Hi Mark,

Thanks

Hi V1llianous

Upload:

Download:

Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

When I placed my order I was told that my line would support up to 12 Mb which was one of the reasons I chose you as a provider.

I am completely confused by your comments "Now the service is activated the maximum speed available is between 9 - 10MB download" and ".... So the speed has been set to the highest available 8MB profile."

How can the highest speed available be 10 Mb download if you are setting an 8 Mb profile ?

V
    Hi V1llianous

When we check the address / line capability there is a basic line test.  Which did show 12MB. However there is no way to know for certain until the service is up and running.

The broadband order is still in the change of mind time-frame if you still want to cancel it you can call cancellations on 1901 - enter your telephone number and hit option 4 (option 4 again) They can arrange to cancel the service if you decide not to keep the service.

Thanks, Mark  

Hi Mark,

Thanks

Hi V1llianous

Upload:

Download:

Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

V
    Hi V1llianous

When we check the address / line capability there is a basic line test.  Which did show 12MB. However there is no way to know for certain until the service is up and running.

The broadband order is still in the change of mind time-frame if you still want to cancel it you can call cancellations on 1901 - enter your telephone number and hit option 4 (option 4 again) They can arrange to cancel the service if you decide not to keep the service.

Thanks, Mark  
    Hi Mark,

That doesn't explain why I could get 10Mb+ when set up on ADSL2+ previously with Smart and not now. 

Have I not been connected to the ADSL2+ equipment ?

Also I am still waiting for a response as to if there is any work expected on my order tomorrow as I was originally informed (or was the work done earlier than expected).

Thanks.

Hi Mark,

Thanks

Hi V1llianous

Upload:

Download:

Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

V
    Hi V1llianous

Thanks, Mark  
    Hi Mark,

That doesn't explain why I could get 10Mb+ when set up on ADSL2+ previously with Smart and not now. 

Have I not been connected to the ADSL2+ equipment ?

Also I am still waiting for a response as to if there is any work expected on my order tomorrow as I was originally informed (or was the work done earlier than expected).

Thanks.
    Hi V1llianous,

I appreciate your point. I spoke to broadband technical support and they asked if it would be possible to call them on 1890 260 260. As the package is "up to 24MB" they can run some checks and see if it is possible to try a 9MB or 10MB. profile to insure the connection.

Let us know how you get on.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I rang broadband support as requested and they said my line could take up to 12 Mb as I had expected but I was listed as being on the 8Mb package.

When I ordered I signed up for the NGB Advanced Unlimited package which is up to 24 Mb with no usage limits for €35 a month for the first 6 months and then €50 per month afterwards - see below:

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow;jsessionid=9FB600880F6FA3AF169EA414D18E7648?execution=e1s1

Can you check why I am on the wrong package as this is the reason I am throttled ?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Mark,

I just spent 30 mins on the phone to sales and the second agent was able to help.  Hopefully the correct profile will be applied to my line tonight.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.
    Hi Mark,

I rang broadband support as requested and they said my line could take up to 12 Mb as I had expected but I was listed as being on the 8Mb package.

When I ordered I signed up for the NGB Advanced Unlimited package which is up to 24 Mb with no usage limits for €35 a month for the first 6 months and then €50 per month afterwards - see below:

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow;jsessionid=9FB600880F6FA3AF169EA414D18E7648?execution=e1s1

Can you check why I am on the wrong package as this is the reason I am throttled ?

Thanks.

Advertisement