Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with NGB Broadband order - getting nowhere

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

V1llianous wrote: »
    Mark,

I just spent 30 mins on the phone to sales and the second agent was able to help.  Hopefully the correct profile will be applied to my line tonight.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.
    Hi Mark,

I rang broadband support as requested and they said my line could take up to 12 Mb as I had expected but I was listed as being on the 8Mb package.

When I ordered I signed up for the NGB Advanced Unlimited package which is up to 24 Mb with no usage limits for €35 a month for the first 6 months and then €50 per month afterwards - see below:

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow;jsessionid=9FB600880F6FA3AF169EA414D18E7648?execution=e1s1

Can you check why I am on the wrong package as this is the reason I am throttled ?

Thanks.

Hi V1llianous

I have request clarification on this from the accounts back office team. As soon as I have received information from them I will be in touch with you right away.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Hi V1llianous

I have request clarification on this from the accounts back office team. As soon as I have received information from them I will be in touch with you right away.

Thanks

Al

No increase in speed as expected this morning, even tried rebooting the modem.

There was a missed call on the landline from a Cork number late yesterday afternoon which when I returned said it was the sales department but they didn't leave a message or try my on my mobile which I had left as my primary contact number.

Mark,

I just spent 30 mins on the phone to sales and the second agent was able to help.  Hopefully the correct profile will be applied to my line tonight.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.
    Hi Mark,

I rang broadband support as requested and they said my line could take up to 12 Mb as I had expected but I was listed as being on the 8Mb package.

When I ordered I signed up for the NGB Advanced Unlimited package which is up to 24 Mb with no usage limits for €35 a month for the first 6 months and then €50 per month afterwards - see below:

https://secure.eircom.net/talktime/talktime-evolution-flow;jsessionid=9FB600880F6FA3AF169EA414D18E7648?execution=e1s1

Can you check why I am on the wrong package as this is the reason I am throttled ?

Thanks.

Hi V1llianous

Thanks

Al
    Any update on this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Mark,

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.
    Hi Mark,

Thanks.

Hi V1llianous

Thanks

Al
    Any update on this ?

Hi V1llianous,

I have looked into this and can see you where put on the up to 8mb package, I'm not aware of why this was done I'm afraid however I have tried to increase the speed to the higher package but there is an issue with the order being processed through the systems.
    I have sent it off to be looked into by the broadband back office section, as soon as they come back to me I'll let you know.

Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

Thanks

Tracey

Any update on this ?

Concerned I may be stuck on this speed until my change of mind timeframe elaspses and I have no intention of settling for a slower service than I was already on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Any update on this ?

Concerned I may be stuck on this speed until my change of mind timeframe elaspses and I have no intention of settling for a slower service than I was already on.
    Hi V1llianous

We are still chasing this up with our broadband networks team to clarify an issue with the upgrade order.

We will let you know as soon as we have an update.

Mark

Bump

Bump

Hi V1llianous,

We have issued a manual order to over ride the issue with the system, this has been done as of yesterday but can take up to 5 working days to resolve I'm afraid. We are keeping an eye on it here to make sure everything is flowing through ok for you.
    Sorry for the delays and any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

This morning I still have the same broadband speed but my phone doesn't work. Tried both extensions and line appears to be dead and not dialling out. If dialling in on mobile I can hear the ringing on the mobile but nothing on he landlines. I have checked connections and filters etc - please sort this before the weekend.

This morning I still have the same broadband speed but my phone doesn't work.  Tried both extensions and line appears to be dead and not dialling out. If dialling in on mobile I can hear the ringing on the mobile but nothing on he landlines.  I have checked connections and filters etc - please sort this before the weekend.

Hi,

I have reported the issue on your line with the faults team, they have logged it under case ref - 11962949. The lead time on a repair is up to 3 working days.
    Can you please PM me your mobile contact for the technician?

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi,

I have reported the issue on your line with the faults team, they have logged it under case ref - 11962949. The lead time on a repair is up to 3 working days.

Tracey

PM sent with mobile number.

Have changed handset and all cables on the off chance this fixed it but it hasn't :(

Hi,

Tracey

Have changed handset and all cables on the off chance this fixed it but it hasn't :(

That's great, thanks for those details.

Ok no problem, hopefully we'll get a technician out to you soon to fix the issue.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi,

Tracey

That's great, thanks for those details.

Ok no problem, hopefully we'll get a technician out to you soon to fix the issue.

Thanks

Tracey
    Phone line has been fixed - don't know the cause however as he rang the landline and reported it repaired to my wife and not on my mobile to me.

Before I left for work this morning my line speed was still on the 8 Mb profile.

Hi V1llianous

The broadband upgrade Tracey arranged can take a couple of days and works need to be done to perform an ADSL2+ upgrade at the exchange, I can see this may be a complete within the next 24 hours.

Thanks

Al

Hi V1llianous

The broadband upgrade Tracey arranged can take a couple of days and works need to be done to perform an ADSL2+ upgrade at the exchange, I can see this may be a complete within the next 24 hours.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al,  I saw it could take up to 5 working days - was just giving a status update. 

Hi V1llianous

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al,  I saw it could take up to 5 working days - was just giving a status update. 
    No worries V1llianous

Thanks

Al

No worries V1llianous

Thanks

Al

Al,

Just got home and router is listed as disconnected - is there anything I need to do to get this going ?

No worries V1llianous

Thanks

Al

Al,

Just got home and router is listed as disconnected - is there anything I need to do to get this going ?
    Thanks to Al's assistance on twitter I reset the modem.  That allowed it to resync - I did have to reconfigure my personal settings (DHCP settings, admin and wireless passwords and SSID etc) but it only took 10 mins to reconfigure.  Finally getting a 12Mbps connection as expected.

Am I on a set speed profile now ?

No worries V1llianous

Thanks

Al

Al,

Thanks to Al's assistance on twitter I reset the modem.  That allowed it to resync - I did have to reconfigure my personal settings (DHCP settings, admin and wireless passwords and SSID etc) but it only took 10 mins to reconfigure.  Finally getting a 12Mbps connection as expected.

Hi V1llianous

I'm really happy to hear things have finally been sorted.

I can see that your speeds are now set to up to 12MB as this is the fastest your line can hold (Due to distance of your line to the exchange).

The term 'up to' is used as you will not always get a constant 12MB speed.

Thanks

Al

No worries V1llianous

Thanks

Al

Al,

Hi V1llianous

I can see that your speeds are now set to up to 12MB as this is the fastest your line can hold (Due to distance of your line to the exchange).

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al, hopefully that is it all sorted now.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

No worries V1llianous

Thanks

Al

Al,

Hi V1llianous

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Al, hopefully that is it all sorted now.

Cheers.
    No worries V1llianous

Let us know if you have any queries going forward.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement