Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous faces of Galway City

Options
  • 09-10-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am in the process of making a short documentary of several of the famous faces that frequent the streets of Galway, my home town. I will be shooting the short doc in the coming months but am for now researching the film from London. I am trying to find anyone who has any stories or knows any of these people personally so that I can arrange an interview with them. To use their street names which they are known as, I'm looking for stories or contact details of 'Anti-Santa', 'Madam Bridget', 'Nora Warts' and 'Seamus the dwarf'. The documentary I am making is about the countless stories that surround these people famous to Galway and finding out about their real stories and a bit about these people in general.

Anyone who would like to contribute a story or interview would be much appreciated and welcome to contact me by PM

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You should seek their express permission first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CrazyVenture

Thanks snubbleste. As a filmmaker this is the first thing I will be doing, which is the reason why I posted in this form for anyone who has contact details of any of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Thanks snubbleste. As a filmmaker this is the first thing I will be doing, which is the reason why I posted in this form for anyone who has contact details of any of these people.

Would it not be easier to walk down shop street and ask them?

I wish I could but I'm producing the doc from London, hence my reaching out for any helpful information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I wish I could but I'm producing the doc from London, hence my reaching out for any helpful information.

ok I may as well bite and ask why is a London based producer interested in producing a doc on these three individuals in particular?

• Advertisement

I'm from Galway, moved over to London to study and work as you do these days. Every time I go home and walk down shop st, at some point I'll see these individuals walking down the street or hanging about. I think it would be interesting to find out about their lives, with their permission of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Weird, I only heard Anti-Santa for the first time last week. I thought his name was Crusty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Just to save you a little bother, contact details are not allowed on the main page, so I suggest you ask people to contact you by PM if they have any such information.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's come down from the powers above that these thread are not ok, as we're discussing local individuals that may take offence to being mentioned and their lives and backgrounds laid out on a public forum.
    If you do a bit more research on the net there are mentions of the various characters on blogs etc.
    Good luck with your project.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement