Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even complaints department is slow and unhelpfull

Options
  • 09-10-2013 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I sent the following email to your complaints department on the 2nd of October

Query type: Complaint > Log a new complaint

Description: I rang today to cancel an Order for fibre Broadband as I had been waiting 2 weeks for an appointment date and nobody could tell me when it was to be installed despite calling 3 times.

The service that was received was appalling I was transferred to no fewer than 9 different people in different departments including twice to emobile?

After the 4th transfer I started to keep record

I was Transferred to Tim in emobile who refused to let me speak to his manager Clare. He transferred me to David in Fibre tech support who I must say was the Person that prompted me to make this complaint. When I asked to speak to his manager he refused and got very confrontational raising his voice to me to the point where I had to ask him to lower it. He then again said that I couldn't speak to his manager Graim. I advised David that I would be making a complaint, only then did he tell me that his manager wasn't in but then informed me that he had just walked in and to hold. he put me on hold for quite some time in what i can only surmise was in the hope that i would hang up as he kept checking was i still on the line. When he realised I wasn't hanging up rather than transferring me to his manager he transferred me to retention.

Catherine in retention then transferred me to a Sarah Jane who while still not in the right department was the only shining light in the whole debarkle as She was the only person to transfer me to a manager "Graim" Unfortunately this is where it all broke down again. Graim advised that he was unable to cancel the order but advised that he would transfer me to the correct department and stay on the line with me until I got to speak to someone that could cancel my order. This did not happen he just again blind transferred me to yet another department that could not help. Adlan transferred me to Louise again in Emobile who in turn transferred me back to 1901 to where I was when I first rang nearly 1 hour previous.

I finally recieved a responce today
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your email. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]To protect the privacy of our customers and comply with Data Protection legislation, we cannot disclose any information relating to an Eircom account unless in correspondence with the registered account holder, or an authorised user. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you would like to arrange for the registered account holder to contact us via e-mail to [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]canwehelp@eircom.ie[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] or by calling our Customer Care team on 1901, we will be happy to assist them. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Once we have verified their account details, the registered owner can request to add you as an authorised user on the account. We would then be in a position to discuss account information with you in the future. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your assistance in protecting the privacy rights of our customers. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I hope this email is of some assistance to your query. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901 or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Regards, [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Wayne [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Customer Care Administration Team
    Eircom Ltd. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Unbelievable[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] you had no problem speaking to me on the phone  and bouncing me about from department to department for an hour but you wont deal with a complaint because I'm not the account holder, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Apart from the fact that I never asked for eircom account details in my email you still wont deal with it[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]It and your company are a Joke[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

omega42 wrote: »
    I sent the following email to your complaints department on the 2nd of October

Query type: Complaint > Log a new complaint

Description: I rang today to cancel an Order for fibre Broadband as I had been waiting 2 weeks for an appointment date and nobody could tell me when it was to be installed despite calling 3 times.

The service that was received was appalling I was transferred to no fewer than 9 different people in different departments including twice to emobile?

After the 4th transfer I started to keep record

I was Transferred to Tim in emobile who refused to let me speak to his manager Clare. He transferred me to David in Fibre tech support who I must say was the Person that prompted me to make this complaint. When I asked to speak to his manager he refused and got very confrontational raising his voice to me to the point where I had to ask him to lower it. He then again said that I couldn't speak to his manager Graim. I advised David that I would be making a complaint, only then did he tell me that his manager wasn't in but then informed me that he had just walked in and to hold. he put me on hold for quite some time in what i can only surmise was in the hope that i would hang up as he kept checking was i still on the line. When he realised I wasn't hanging up rather than transferring me to his manager he transferred me to retention.

Catherine in retention then transferred me to a Sarah Jane who while still not in the right department was the only shining light in the whole debarkle as She was the only person to transfer me to a manager "Graim" Unfortunately this is where it all broke down again. Graim advised that he was unable to cancel the order but advised that he would transfer me to the correct department and stay on the line with me until I got to speak to someone that could cancel my order. This did not happen he just again blind transferred me to yet another department that could not help. Adlan transferred me to Louise again in Emobile who in turn transferred me back to 1901 to where I was when I first rang nearly 1 hour previous.

I finally recieved a responce today
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for your email. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]To protect the privacy of our customers and comply with Data Protection legislation, we cannot disclose any information relating to an Eircom account unless in correspondence with the registered account holder, or an authorised user. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you would like to arrange for the registered account holder to contact us via e-mail to [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]canwehelp@eircom.ie[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] or by calling our Customer Care team on 1901, we will be happy to assist them. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Once we have verified their account details, the registered owner can request to add you as an authorised user on the account. We would then be in a position to discuss account information with you in the future. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your assistance in protecting the privacy rights of our customers. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I hope this email is of some assistance to your query. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please call our Customer Care team on 1901 or reply to this email and we will be delighted to assist you. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Regards, [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Wayne [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Customer Care Administration Team
    Eircom Ltd. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Unbelievable[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] you had no problem speaking to me on the phone  and bouncing me about from department to department for an hour but you wont deal with a complaint because I'm not the account holder, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Apart from the fact that I never asked for eircom account details in my email you still wont deal with it[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]It and your company are a Joke[/font]

Hi omega42

I'm very sorry to hear of the difficulty you had in getting to speak to the right people regarding cancelling your order.

The correct people to speak to are the cancellations team on free phone 1901 then after entering your number to the voice recording lease chose option 4 when prompted and then option 4 when prompted again.

If you have been informed to send an email for this cancellation then I can confirm the email is required from the account holder themselves. If the account holder does not have an email please contact the cancellations team and they will advise you of where the account holder can send a letter to.

I understand this experience has caused allot of inconvenience and I would like to apologise for this.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement